Mindful Mondays/Exercise Tuesday Mashup

I listened to Tarryn's Diet Support PCOS podcast. I would love to listen to more, but I need Itunes!
It was a great listen! If you have PCOS please listen to it. It's about setting ourselves up for a better mindset.

I have to do my part. I have to stick to my diet. Slip ups are fine...as long as they don't lead to binging... I like to binge. It's not just one cookie...it's 4...or half a package, or whatever.

So I went on to have a mental health morning, I also watched Katie Humphrey's Day 8 of "90 days to freedom"
Super self-helpy but I'm telling you, it was, haha/wink wink, helpful.

You are going to have bad days. You are going to have days where the cookie wins. Where the bag of chips win. Where you go to the gym, sit in the parking lot, bang your head on steering wheel and go get coffee instead of actually walking into the gym.

Sometimes there are dark days.
But just remember that joy comes in the morning.



Those dark days can sometimes stretch into weeks. You've been combating the battle of the bulge for years. It seems like you are never getting anywhere & no where closer to your dreams.

Dreams take time.

(I started this post yesterday but didn't quite get it finished since I had quite a bit of training for my upcoming sprint triathlon & work to catch up on. I am not willing to abandon the post just yet! So, this is a bit of Mindful Monday mixed in with Exercise Tuesday.)

It's about focusing our minds over our matters, so to say. Choosing the right decision or the same decision.

I could eat that cookie. I could bring it home from the family vacation and put it away until I think I deserve a treat. But the best thing I can do is to throw the cookie(s) away or swipe my hand across the air and politely refuse knowing that I am making an important decision for my health. Mine specifically. If the cookie had been PCOS friendly, I could totally have 1. JUST ONE!
I could choose that one direction. OR I could keep doing the same physical activity that just turns around and ends up biting me in the butt. Or I could pick the box of cookies to portion it out for taking it back to my house.

But I am sticking to my goal this week. I have a list of ingredients of snacks I plan to make tomorrow night. And I will be doing LOTS of baking/cooking this weekend.

Update on Triathlon Training: If you had stopped by the gym I work out at, walked into the pool area, you would see a woman flailing about without much rhyme or reason. In fact you probably would think "this girl hasn't swam since high school! You would be correct. I am no Michael Phelps...I realized I even had a problem WANTING to swim in the deep end. I'm telling you people, I even stuck to the lanes without the drains, in case I should somehow be pulled under like some horrific goosebumps character. Oh vey!
Then some 8 year old kid came STREAKING by me, clear down to the 10 foot end and back...I thought well if he can do it, then I certainly do it! Oh, I did alright...but MAN! Am I a hurtin' fool.

Then later last night, I went to an event called a run happy hour. It was fun, but I kept trying to run fast rather then focus on the pure enjoyment of just running. If I come for another 5 weeks I will get a t-shirt!! I will do anything, if it involves getting a free t-shirt!
LOL...although...I did realize the other day just how many of my shirts are racing shirts...I'll have to see if I an get a picture of them!

I got to try out a pair of Brooks Transcend running shoes before the run happy hour...they were not bad. They were half a size to big, I like my running shoes fairly snug, REALLY BRIGHT FUN color though! I would like to try them again but in my size.
I think I still prefer my asics though.
I feel like we don't often get to try out running shoes by actually running in them, so the fact that I got run over 3 miles in them as a try out made me feel like a rock star.
Does anyone have running shoes they prefer?

I must be worn out, I am starting to zone a little & fall asleep...it's only 4pm!! Wish me luck on getting through the rest of my day!
I will talk to you all tomorrow on Wordy Wednesday!

Blessings,
A

Comments