Just another Thursday Post

I meant to get to separating and bagging up smoothie stuff today, I may still try to get to it tonight. My intention is bag up 6-8 bags with

1/2cup frozen spinach
1 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup gluten free steel cut oats
1 banana
1/4 cup of carrots

Or a variation of the above. That way it will make it easy to make shakes in the morning. I can just add the milk and protein powder to my blender dump in a bag of the mix and blend. It will save me so much time, and make my life easier before these long runs.

I also realized yesterday that as I was walking up and down the grocery aisles to find all the supplies I need to make the meal for the upcoming Rib Off this weekend that, well...I'm poor. Hahahaa. (This is a total joke, I know people are actually really and truly poor, and we should help them. By donating our time and money to resources that help keep these individuals warm, fed, and taken care of. I'm still looking into places I can help locally to help.)

I didn't realize that xanthan gum costs $13.00. While it's great to have and undeniable amazing investment that will help you make copious amounts of baked goods & whatever else you can think of to squeeze out of the 10oz bag....$13.00 for 1 of the ingredients...didn't fit my budget. I opted for Pamela's Gluten Free Baking and Pancake Mix. (The price listed on the link is for 6 bags, I only bought one and it cost me around $7. I'll post how I modified the cupcake mix for the Snickerdoodle cupcakes later this weekend.) It can be found in the health & wellness food section of any Kroger, Bakers, etc. store.

This morning I had to got to run 6 miles. It wasn't pretty. I believe I didn't give myself enough rest time between last night's run...which consisted of some of these...

2 miles of hills + 2 miles of interval training and then a 6mile run/jog (and some walking) this morning.  It was tough nuggets for this gal! As I started to walk though I thought of something. You tell any runner, about 99% of them anyway, that you did "6 miles today, but I had to stop and walk a few times" I about guarantee you that they will say "You got it done/At least you did it/6 miles is still 6 miles" Or some form or fashion thereof. It's the truth! The running community is incredibly supportive of each other. Albeit we do often push each other into challenges and we burn and ache from these challenges but we just keep going. We are resilient.

I can hardly believe I did 6 miles all by myself? Just training. A few steep hills, GPS worked the entire way. Should have been glorious but it took me a while to get into the groove. I had to push myself. Sometimes mentally kicking and screaming.


I've also realized the dedication to the training is taking time away from much needed things like...cleaning...and time away from the hubby. Think of those who are training for Ultras what are they giving up? I feel sort of pale in comparison to that. Or even the ultimate sacrifice?


My hill training doesn't seem so bad after all...mostly...I don't know...it still pretty much sucks. Ha! But it really helps give me perspective that I am able to wake up as an American Independent Woman who has a healthy body and mind (Mostly::winky face::), who will have eternal life with God. Makes me think the hill runs are a little worth it. hehee

Tomorrow night we might have a first in the Goe household. I told my hubby that I had another 4miles to do tomorrow and asked if he would like to join me. 1 mile warm up, followed by 2 mile interval training, and then a cool down. So we could jog the first mile, I'll do my two mile intervals, and then we can end the night together...where we will continue our new tradition of date night! I'm actually really excited about it!
Normally we would have pizza but we are keeping an eye on our tight budget this month as we are headed into slow season at work for me. Tomorrow night's at home date night menu will consist of

Paleo Chicken Tenders
Oven Roasted Broccoli with Olive Oil and Sea Salt
Haven't decided on a carb yet but will keep you posted, and what's date night without dessert? I have an idea in mind but it will be a surprise! I'll also post the recipe this weekend. Probably on Saturday.

Alright everyone, hope you are having great days!
Blessings,
A


Comments