Apples & more apples!

I thought it might be kind of fun to share with you the thoughts that go through a runners head during a long run...but I might share that later this week. In the mean time, I discovered this fun little list!




I did also promise to talk more about my diet this week, so I am going to share with you what I had to eat for today...so far.

For breakfast: 1 egg (because I forgot to go to the dang store last night, however eggs are on sale this week for .99 cents! maybe it's good I forgot!) 1 pouch of oat fit cinnamon apple with a dash of almond milk, and 3 prunes...for fiber.

For lunch: 4 oz of chicken, 1/2 cup mixed peppers, 1/4 cup tomatoes with green chilies, 1/3 cup black beans, some shredded cheddar cheese, and I did have corn chips today 1 serving size...so the last two items weren't great...but in the grand scheme it's not bad, and I'm still within my carb count for the day :)

For dinner we are actually going out for a birthday dinner!! My best suggestion for going out to eat is plan ahead! Go to the websites menu and pick out what you want before you arrive at the restaurant. That way you can feel confident in your choices and not be overwhelmed with all of the delicious choices. You can go out to eat & be healthy too! Tonight I am going to have grilled salmon, steamed broccoli, and mashed potatoes (another cheat).

My "second breakfast" or snack before lunch was an apple with almond butter & later before dinner I will enjoy some Enjoy Life Not Nuts trail mix. Really good! Free of the top 8 allergens. I love the Enjoy Life brand. Always delicious, don't have to question the ingredients. It's awesome.


Here are some of the recipes I am thinking of making this week to freeze::

This recipe is from Run Eat Repeat it's full of fiber, protein (from the quinoa), and it's gluten/soy & dairy free!
These apple pie bars not only look amazing but I can't wait to try them. The recipe is from Food Fanatic, it's completely grain free. To make it Paleo or PCOS friendly swap the white sugar for agave nectar or local acquired honey. Also switch the canola oil to olive oil or coconut oil to make it completely paleo.

This apple crisp concoction has great paleo ingredients, even using palm coconut sugar instead of white sugar. The recipe is over at
Delicious by Dre.

And finally...Apple Pie!


From MidLifeArmyWife. Paleo, gluten free. Perfect for PCOS ladies, or Paleo/Primal people. Easily found at the grocery store ingredients. Easy to make...I'm assuming easy to freeze & reheat. Looking forward to the wonders that will come out of my kitchen this weekend!!!



Alright...boo, ugh. Back to to work...but at least I get to go out to dinner tonight!!!

Blessings,
A


Comments