PCOS Breakfast Cookies

I love reading With Great Expectation, it's a very well written blog about the struggle behind PCOS, as well as eating clean and healthy; as well as about life as a new mom.
I pinned a pin of hers a while back, but finally just got around to making it today. These cookies are amazing! I think they might even be Paleo? I might need to double check on that.

Check out her blog post for all the benefits from these cookies.
It's very easy too, I love easy recipes.

In a large bowl combine:
2 ripe bananas
1 egg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2tsp vanilla extract (I used honey instead of the extract...that's what I had on hand)

mix till smooth, then add 1/4 dried cherries, coconut flakes, ground flax seed meal, chia seeds (all 1/4 of a cup). 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp sea salt mix together to create dough

Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes. Great texture. Almost muffin like. Barely tasted the coconut. I don't like coconut in copious amounts but this mixture was scrumptious... I had 3.

Here is the nutritional info for 1 cookie:

They're great healthy cookies, even if you don't have PCOS. Nutrient packed, sweet, great grab & go, but mostly...I just loved them.

Hopefully the WiFi will be up & running this weekend. Should be able to get to more motivating posts. Tomorrow I'll shall another protein ball recipe!

Blessings,
A

Comments