Late Easter Follow Up

AAHH!!! I totally meant to post on Sunday. It was Easter after all & I LOVE EASTER! It's my favorite Holiday. 2nd is Halloween, then probably 4th of July...Christmas has gotten too commercial, but that's a different post for a different day. I still love the actual meaning of Christmas, but ultimately the chaos of gathering and shopping and wrapping and baking...it's too much...well...there's that soap box I guess.

My pastor gave some really great arguments for explaining why the Crucifixion was a real event. Even atheists agree that Jesus was alive and that he had died, or was murdered. But it's the Resurrection part that always gets most people. Some people chalk up the apostles seeing Jesus, after his death, as a hallucination. However, Jesus showed himself to non-believers at the time such as to Paul, who didn't arrive on the scene until after Jesus' death.
The second really interesting point to me was that the first people that saw Jesus after his death were two women. The two Mary's (Matthew 28). At the time of Jesus' death, women's accounts and words were not taken into consideration for anything. Basically everyone thought women were a bunch of liars in 30 AD. My pastor had kind of made the point about, why start a religion based on what these two women saw, if no one took women at the word? If they really wanted people to believe them, they would have said that one of the other 12 apostles had witnessed our risen Lord first.



Brought out that Girl Power Vibe in me when I heard that. I love Easter. I am moved by Jesus' sacrifice for me. What becoming a believer has meant for me in my life. My Lenten goal was to seek out Joy. A Joy that is Christ like. Knowing that bad things will come, but when they do, I know to whom I can turn to and never lose hope. It took a while to build my hope, then it took time to seek out joy, but every day is a new day and a process.



I did manage to eat mostly healthy. Stuck to not eating all things I'm choosing not to eat. (Dairy, soy, gluten) I wish I could say I consumed minimal sugar, but I did end up having some lemonade & it was amazing! I can't tell you the last time I had lemonade.

My desserts & vegetables all came out really well!!


The pasta salad was not Paleo, as you can see by the noodles, but it was still delicious. Brown rice noodles, (so gluten free--any gluten free noodle would do...this might have been corn noodles) with olive oil, basil, parsley, black pepper, garlic salt, and onion. Added in two sliced and chopped zucchini's, cherry tomatoes, and chopped carrots. Add as little or as much as you like of everything. 



The lemon pound cake was just absolutely amazing, with mixed berries, and coconut whipped cream on top. Everyone who tried it loved it.
My skills are getting just a little bit better! I did make the rest of my stuff on my Easter list, which also went over every well, with everyone...except the hubby who decided to not venture out and try anything new on Sunday. The peanut butter balls, or buckeyes, or whatever you choose to call them...almost didn't make it home everyone loved them so much.


Alright everyone, I have got to get to work! Celebrate, for the Lord has Risen!

Blessings Everyone, I'll be back tomorrow with my year in review part 2. You can check out part 1 with links to other blog posts here.
I hope you all have a great Tuesday!
A

Comments