Meal Prep Day

I got snowed in for the second day in a row, which is kind of nice. Kind of. I've been running around like a mad woman...odd that I end up more busy than what I would be at work. I'm tired and looking forward to just relaxing. Dishes are done, laundry is done. Grocery shopping is done. I've even got the bathroom organized, now I'm meal prepping for the next week-ish.

Here's what I've been cooking up in my kitchen

 Paleo Pumpkin Banana Muffins from Leelalicious


Here's the pancake recipe, Pumpkin Banana Pancakes, from last night!
Honestly, the recipe was only okay...I don't know if it's how I cooked it or didn't cook it. However, I also did not add the coconut flour to try and make it an even LOWER carb option. Back to the drawing board on this one. Also, I did not make the syrup either, wah wah wahhh.

Can you tell that I had some frozen bananas and pumpkin puree from the holidays?

Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs (You can honestly add whatever seasonings you want. This time I crushed pine nuts and added them for a more pesto feel but either way this is a great option.)


For snacks I made granola yesterday. Very good. Not paleo, but I Think you could easily make it paleo by switching out the oats for unsweetened coconut flakes.

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped almonds
1.5-3 cups old fashioned gluten free oats (or the coconut flakes) I only made it with 1 1/2 cups of oats because that's what I had in my cabinet but you can certainly add more for a more crunchy granola.
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup of coconut sugar
1/3 cup honey
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
(You can also add in 1/8 teaspoon of almond extract but I added about 2 drops of liquid stevia)

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Pour oats, chopped almonds, salt, and sugar into a bowl  and mix
3. Combine honey and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for about 40 seconds. Stir to dissolve the coconut oil and add in vanilla extract and liquid stevia.
4. Pour the honey mixture over the oats, and stir so that they are evenly coated
5. Using a parchment lined pan, pour the mixture into the pan, spreading evenly. I used a cake pan
6. Bake the oats for 5 minutes, mix and bake for another 5-8minutes.
7. Take the parchment paper out of the pan and place on the counter to cool. Should still be spread evenly.
8. After the mixture cools completely, use either a pizza cuter to make into bars OR if you added more oats and flakes just break them into little pieces.






This recipe was inspired by lovely little kitchen Homemade Coconut Oil Honey Almond Granola

The last recipe I am currently working on is modified from an older recipe that I haven't made in OVER a year! I paleo-fied them this time around and I'm VERY excited to eat them!
Call them Paleo Energy bites

Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/3 cup of enjoy life chocolate chip cookies
1/4 cup of ground flax seed
1/3 cup of honey
1/2 cup of almond butter (unsweetened, unsalted--I use barney butter)

Directions:
Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a scrapper. Form into balls, place on parchment paper (preferably on  pan--whatever will make it easier to transfer to the fridge) Let it sit for a minimum of 30 minutes, I'm going to let mine sit over night.)



I've been a rock star in the kitchen for the past 2 and a half hours. I even made some chili for dinner. Crock pot meal!

The only thing I haven't gotten done yet today...exercise...I'm thinking some yoga for tonight and calling it good. Oh vey. I'm exhausted...and hungry...what time is it?

Blessings,
A

Comments