Beans, the magical fruit

I'm not going to lie, my week has been crazy. The haze of a busy work week, trying to squeeze in workouts as well as writing, my brain is in a fog.

I've still been trying to combat the fact that I've been having tummy trouble.
I've been trying to make conscious health decisions to help with this. Not to many carbs because one to many make it like there's a nuclear war going through your intestines, where the launch pad is totally obliterated and not to little because then it's dryer than the Sirrah Desert & it hurts...really hurts. With no promise of showers. Anywhere.

Well, I think I over did it this week. Let's just say...I was heavy on the beans this week.



So today, I am in a massage, well first...I woke up a little bloated this morning.
 I tried drinking water, eating a pear...I don't know. Whatever would try to make that horrid full feeling go away! I hope I'm not alone in this feeling.

I did what I do best. I Googled. It got me to thinking about yoga and what you can do to help relieve gas.

Or how even a long good workout can jostle enough of your guts around that it makes you want to use the restroom...it makes you want to #2.

See, exercising isn't just about looking good. (Achieving a ridiculous thigh gap or even a flatter stomach.) Exercising is about spiritual, mental, and physical Well Being.

If working out or exercise can help regulate your bowels, then it has to be good for you!

Spiritually, you learn so much about yourself. It builds your strength and character to see what your body can do, and what it can achieve when you put the belief in yourself to do hard tasks. 50 pound dead lifts, walking at 4.5 on the incline on the treadmill (Holly calves batman!). But you can call upon God & his strength to help push you through. 'I can do all things though him who strengthens me.' Philippians 4:13
Or Isaiah 41:10 'Fear not, for I am with you;be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand'

Mentally you push yourself past walls, past mental blocks. It has the power to change your mood. When you feels those endorphins rise, I don't know about you but I feel so GOOD when I feel those endorphins finally kick in. I feel like I made the best decision I could have ever made was to run that extra mile, to win that medal (I've only got one 'accomplisment for finishing' medal, but hey! A medal's a medal!) You handle stress better (It's proven. I won't bore you with facts) Then when you set yourself up to run angother race, complete another event, do another class you empower your self belief and drive forward through the day, weeks, months.

Physically, it changes your body. You become stronger, you accomplish more tasks. You are the invincible warrior you are meant to be. You start to lose weight, you start to notice small changes like muscle definition and sometimes bony prominences (KNEES! I have knees! Who knew!)

But it also helps with your health. Your heart beats better, stronger, keeps blood flowing, reduces coristol. (Now I'm boring you with facts.)
But it also helps you...well...poop.

Which brings me back to my day earlier. I am in a massage. Trying to remember everything I know about yoga and bloating. I am bringing my knees to my stomach, twisting through the waist...then...I feel that feeling. The familiar bubble of a fart starting to form. I know the relief from the bloating and the gas will come if I can only just...fart!

So I do what any other normal human being would do. I let out a test fart. You know. Those little ones where you kinda hold your cheeks but release air? Just to make sure it's not going to make to much noise. 

SUCCESS! I was able to release without noise! And to my delight, without smell.

But then, oh Lordy then...the gurgles kick in. Because at this point you've signaled your that guts, yeah...you could probably use a bathroom break. I had about 20minutes left in the session.

Saints be with me, I made it through...barely. I won't even tell you the horrid-ness that followed but let's just say, I had to leave the bathroom SWAT style.
Quickly, with shifty eyes and quite feet.

My friend likes to suggest at this point that if you're in a stall bathroom, raise your boots so no one remembers what they look like when you leave.

:)

Hope you had a great laugh & that you have an amazing Friday!
Get outside enjoy the weather & make choices you are proud of today. Squeeze in that workout. Eat those fruits and vegetables! Easy on the beans though. I will see you all on Sunday! (Sunday Runday...where I will explain my new disappointment of not being able to run outside. The Agony!!)



Comments