Thursday should be New Recipe Day. Unfortunately I do not have any awesome recipe ideas to share this week. Or rather none that I have cooked in my kitchen anyway.
I did have the most fantastic fajita bowl though from Chipotle! It was enough for two meals. Yummmmy! I sang to it today.
It was chicken with fajita peppers, black beans, lettuce, cheese and the red sauce. Holy ca-noly just the right amount of flavor. And chips.
I'm low carb, gluten free, limited dairy & soy.
So this meal was perfect! Skipped the rice & they said the chips were white corn tortilla chips...let me check the website...yep! Gluten Free Menu even.
Its just so beautiful. So delicious.
When you become gluten free & low carb, let's just say...life became bland.
Then I started experimenting and trying new recipes! My taste bud pallet has grown.
This bowl makes me want to stand up and cheer. Even dance.
I did have the most fantastic fajita bowl though from Chipotle! It was enough for two meals. Yummmmy! I sang to it today.
It was chicken with fajita peppers, black beans, lettuce, cheese and the red sauce. Holy ca-noly just the right amount of flavor. And chips.
I'm low carb, gluten free, limited dairy & soy.
So this meal was perfect! Skipped the rice & they said the chips were white corn tortilla chips...let me check the website...yep! Gluten Free Menu even.
Its just so beautiful. So delicious.
When you become gluten free & low carb, let's just say...life became bland.
Then I started experimenting and trying new recipes! My taste bud pallet has grown.
This bowl makes me want to stand up and cheer. Even dance.
Don't you just want to eat it?
According to my fitness pal here's the nutritional info:
That's of course not including the chips and guacamole...
So filling though.
I've shifted to eating smaller meals at least 4 times a day. I think its helping stabilize my sugars (and drinking lots of water) I don't feel hungry as often & don't get moody as often.
I suffer from Han*gry really badly.
Today's the first day of feeling better since this wretched infection and finding food that fit my diet, well life just got a little better.
Genesis 1:29 ESV
And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.
I feel like God spoke these words again when this delicious concoction of a fajita bowl was breathed into existence.
Onto my Lenten No Sugar Added sacrifice...my first craving today was for some popcorn. I drank 1 glass of water, thought through my options. If I'm still craving it later I decided to mix 2 cups (popped of course) with a 1/4 cashews. You can also use almonds. Its a great way to sneak in some minor protein with a carb and still get a delicious crunchy snack.
I also had a cup of tea instead of coffee...we'll see how this goes though.
Well, I hope I've lightened your day. Happy eating friends.




Comments