Ca-Noly! How did it get so late and I almost forgot to post!?! Ek!
What a day! Totally forgot it was daylight savings time! Wanted to run this morning because it was just so beautiful! Spring! Spring is almost here! Hope! Sunshine!
Missed the morning run because I was working the coffee bar at work, then drove out to my hubbys shop to get my car fixed....oy vey! It just...so much.
I was getting grumpy...or rather what I like to call "crunchy". I was crabby and couldn't explain it.
I couldn't decide if I wanted to stay or go. Or go home.
I texted a friend. "I'm so grumpy, I don't know what to do"
"Go for a run. You'll feel better."
Luckily, due to the cursed daylight savings time, the sun wasn't going to set till well after I got home.
I spent the first mile walking the park talking on the phone to my mom. Catching up. Mentally she helped clear my head of some of my moodiness.
Then. Then I was able to plug in my headphones and just let go. To breath in, breath out.
The weather was perfect.
What a day! Totally forgot it was daylight savings time! Wanted to run this morning because it was just so beautiful! Spring! Spring is almost here! Hope! Sunshine!
Missed the morning run because I was working the coffee bar at work, then drove out to my hubbys shop to get my car fixed....oy vey! It just...so much.
I was getting grumpy...or rather what I like to call "crunchy". I was crabby and couldn't explain it.
I couldn't decide if I wanted to stay or go. Or go home.
I texted a friend. "I'm so grumpy, I don't know what to do"
"Go for a run. You'll feel better."
Luckily, due to the cursed daylight savings time, the sun wasn't going to set till well after I got home.
I spent the first mile walking the park talking on the phone to my mom. Catching up. Mentally she helped clear my head of some of my moodiness.
Then. Then I was able to plug in my headphones and just let go. To breath in, breath out.
The weather was perfect.
Doesn't that pavement just call to you? Beg for the challenge to beat your last time? Your last adventure?
I only set out to do 2.5miles. Ended up doing one extra mile!
The "spilt time" between mile 2 & 3 was 9mins 25 seconds. My best time yet.
I love that feeling of the map my run app tells me what mile I'm on. (Well I lime it most of the time.)
Considering the first time I ever ran...or even timed myself I was running an 11min 30 mile! I've shaved two minutes off my running time since I first started running two years ago.
I'm not sure where you're at on your fitness journey (hopefully a little further along then you were 3 weeks ago...I'm hoping my blog is motivating you) but the point is you are doing the best you are right now. You may be better at running or lifting than I am.
Or maybe not. But believing you can do it. Hoping you can be better, get better, do better.
Coming out of the dregdes of life and shedding off what's holding us down. A bad day. A few of them. Maybe even a bad year.
But believing in yourself enough to take the next step. The first step!
God often sends his messages through others.
The text from my friend was what boosted me to get going.
The determination and hope to beat my last time kept me going. To stay dedicated to my training.
Keep going. Keep dreaming. Now go run pavement!

Comments