Persistance

After my hectic weekend with little to no sleep I woke up with a drainey nose and an upset tummy.

 I knew after my busy morning I was going to need a nap!
I caught up on some DVR with my eyes closed.

I'm not sure about you but sometimes I know that doing something is better than nothing.
I didn't feel good, but I also knew if I could just move I'd feel better.
I had to talk myself into it though.

You can do this. Just something simple. Some is better than none. Just 7 miles on the bike. Not that hard. (I always forget about how the stationary bike seems easy but it still kicks my booty.) Just simple stuff. A few weight machines. Bike and weights.

Oh, I could run the dishwasher while I'm at the gym. And a load of laundry! Great idea.

I was still very much sitting on the couch at this point but I had texted a friend.
 If you ever don't feel like working out but you know you need text the friend whose more persistent than you. They will always give you a reason to go.
My dear sweet friend said 'do some yoga' gentle stuff for a crummy system today.
Then I saw her pin this.


I knew I had to go. I needed to get back to a regular schedule, to doing what is right for me.
I did more at the gym today then I have in probably a week or two. It felt amazing.
I even added a run to the mix.

1.25mile run
7.5miles on the bike
100 AB workout
36 squats
A mixture of pushups, roll ups, and 1 weight machine later, I was ready to clean house!

Came home got a few things done and even got more DVR shows watched, this time with my eyes open!

I even resisted a craving for a second helping of nachos. It was after the gym. Standing in the kitchen looking for a snack. I wanted to get better about resisting urges, so standing in the kitchen I filled up my water bottle and prayed.

Just like in the Made to Crave series I've been reading on my bible app. Lysa TerKeurst says:

"Today I challenge you to start a new cycle of making God your focus, rather than food. Each time you crave something you know isn’t part of your plan, use that craving as a prompting to pray...
For example, when we make God our focus, we can wake up in the morning and say “God, I want a biscuit this morning. Instead, I’m eating poached eggs. I’m thankful for these eggs, but I’ll be honest in saying my cravings for other things are hard to resist. But instead of wallowing in what I can’t have, I’m making the choice to celebrate what I can have."

I beat the craving! I finished my water. It's empowering to be able to say no to things you should not have.

Finding a healthy alternative always helps too. I could have had string cheese and nuts. Perfect combination!

Keep at it. It takes 21 days to create a habit and 3 days to break it. So if you haven't worked out in 3 days you had better make that 4th day count.



Galations 6:9 "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap,if we do not give up."

Comments