CONQUERING THE FEAR AND LIE

Sometimes when it comes to blogging, I feel like I can never get my poop in a group. It could be that I am focused on marathon training, work, a part-time job, attempting to keep my house clean; you know, the everyday workings of a working woman & domestic partner. Sometimes, life just gets busy, as you all know.

Probably time for a life update. A few weeks ago I was able to discover a lie I believed about myself. Does anyone else ever have this problem? It can probably be the same as believing you're not beautiful. Believing yourself to be worthless. I believed I wasn't strong enough. Which is crazy. Once I broke that lie apart though, I've been able to accomplish a lot more without fear.
I got up early, completed a 6am training run, nothing like being up before the sun rises.
4 easy miles ✔ 

Two separate 9 mile runs ✔✔in the blistering heat. One of which broke my previous 10k time by 2 minutes. (Technically it doesn't count towards the official record. As a runner, the only times that qualify for a Personal Record are ones completed during a timed race event.) Covered a 19-mile run✔ in 4 hours 6 minutes. Last and most certainly my favorite, I FINALLY broke the 10 minute mile time! It's taken me a year and a half to get back to that number, but I couldn't be more proud of myself than when I reached it again. 


It's truly amazing when we take down the lies that hold us back and what we can accomplish. While I am still facing a few more lies (the typical - you're dreams are not possible, you'll never get out of debt, this temporary problem will last forever. Again, these are all lies as well.) 
This is what running has done for me though. It's helped me overcome my fears, battle back against my anxiety (hello breathing techniques!) Mind over matter. 

My mantra for the 19 miles ended up being relentless forward progress. I would, so to speak, not give ground to my fears of not being able to complete those miles. I was going to accomplish them with every ounce of effort I could muster. 



Okay friends, just wanting to say thank you for stopping by. Your relentless love and encouragement mean so much to this marathon runner. 
Blessings, 
A

Comments