Exercise Tuesday: Madam Secretary

I hope everyone had a safe, happy, and relaxing Turkey day. The man and I were blessed to be able to see both of our families and enjoy some good food in the process. There was a lot of food, so I ended up coming home with all of my sides that I brought. Not a bad thing.

I was taken out a few weeks ago by a head cold...or allergies. It's hard to tell this time of year. Today I am at home resting on the couch with an upset stomach. I don't yet know if I somehow got some cross-contaminated gluten food or if I have a tummy bug. Right now only time will tell. I think most of you know my LOVE for television shows, mainly Supernatural, Walking Dead, The Handmaids Tale, and I've added to my ridiculous length of shows with Prodigal Son, Stumptown, A Million Little Things, Emergence, and finally to round it out the Rookie. Of all this to say, TV is basically my campfire. I find it comforting when I am sick, relaxing when I am tired, noise when it's too quiet, and entertainment when I need a little escapism. 

 I have been obsessively watching Madam Secretary on Netflix lately. I am only on season 3 so DON'T TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS but, I am in it to win it with this show. This is why on tonight's post I have created a one of a kind Madam Secretary Workout. 

Level:: Intermediate 
You can take the burpees down to a modified version by taking out the jump, and reduce the reps with each exercise. Otherwise, this is a guaranteed calorie burner.   


Before I sign off, I'll leave you with this. It's from season 2 episode 23: Matt Mahoney - Madam Secretary's main speechwriter has to give a commencement speech to a graduating class. Originally it was supposed to madam secretary on that stage but Elizabeth after struggling through a season of post-traumatic stress sends her best guy to give his own speech, instead of what he would have written for her.

"I know what you’re thinking. As soon as my Etsy page is discovered, uh, I’ll invent my own job title on Buzzfeed and Livestream my Christopher Walken impression as I hoverboard to the Soylent dispenser in the playroom…. And, I don’t blame you. In this world of relentless self-promotion, we’ve all been raised to think that the limelight is the only light worth seeking. But that isn’t the case. And if I can impart one thing today… A small, simple truth to carry with you as you walk through those gates, it’s this: Achievement is often anonymous. Some of the greatest things have been done by people you have never heard of, quietly dedicating their lives to improving your own."

This is to say that everything little thing you do each day for your health adds up. You don't have to drop 100 pounds and be on People magazine, you don't have to single-handedly save the planet from alien invaders... you can encourage your deskmate, your co-worker, your spouse, and your kids simply by showing up, being present, and being the best you, you can be. 
Alright friends, I am off to rest on this giving Tuesday. 

Blessings, A

Comments