You know those days where you not only have a million and one things to do but you also just don't FEEEELLL like working out?
That's my day. I had to make a 20min drive out to a networking meeting. At 7:30 in the morning.....I was up at 6...okay 6:30a.m. But I still had to make breakfast. It was a feat.
(Unless it involves leaving for a trip, I am not a morning individual)
On the way I ate 2 seasoned egg whites and some Chobani Greek yogurt (a lot of carbs/sugar but no soy! Great pro biotic & source of protein. I packed an apple to go.

Between cleaning the kitchen, 4 LOADS OF LAUNDRY, just madness and still had to work!

The truth is if you are trying to make changes to your life, something is better than nothing. 10mins is better than zero. 30mins is amazing but we don't always have 30mins.
Focus on change. What did I have time for? Well, I LOVE the gym but there was no time to get there. Both morning classes were over by the time I was out of my meeting. I was able to get dishes done but still needed to work out.

Recently a friend sent me some awesome exercise DVDs, a Jillian Michaels DVD box set. I would be amiss if I didn't say I have some what of a girl crush on her.

If you need a pep talk during and after your work out her DVDs are amazing!
She reminds you that its not about the scale. Its about feeling good, taking a risk on your health. You can't lose! 
Become a force to be reckoned with. 
You can do this.

The best part Is when you start your workout, you get into want to keep going. Instead of counting down how much time you have left, you'll start deducting time from your next task. (Because the dishes can wait just 30 more minutes, trust me.)

What quick workouts work best for you?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am terrible at quick workouts. I love cardio. Sit me on a bike or elliptical, give me a good playlist or book, and I could work away forever! Then I feel like, well, I ought to do some weights... anyway, I am not good at short. I think I would be much more successful if I could! I recently bought a Yoga DVD (I have a few for my kids but those are great for the nice relaxing part after -- which is my favorite part!). That is something I really need to work on though.
Keep us updated about the Jillian DVDs, she is tough, but, hey, that is probably what some of us need!! :)
agoerunnergirl said…
I'm going to try to do a post about the different workouts. I think the comment from Jillian Michaels or just any trainer in general is the focus and intention of your workouts. A quick kick butt workout is a powerful tool to have in your back pocket. Just in case you're like me and end up catching up on your chores (finally got to that laundry) and STILL haven't worked out yet. Lol.
But focus and intention help because it zones in on specific things you're working on.
Either way, as long as your moving, you're working and that's better than nothing.