Gluten Free Low Carb Chicken Salad

New Recipe Thursday!

Talking to a friend today about the choice or choices we make to stay healthy. Stay dedicated.
It really is about healthy living verses losing weight. Making your why more important than the anything else. Why are you choosing to make your healthy important decisions?
I became more motivated again today after talking to someone who is training for an event. I love the build up. The training, the possibilities, the stories you acquire when doing these events. It's so exciting! Whether your participating in an event like Tai Chi at the Park for 4 hours or training for an ultra marathon of 60+miles, the fact is, your moving. You are dedicated to your goals!

I have to stick to mine by sticking to my diet. I finally have an appointment with the nutritionist in April! I can't wait to tell you more about what she has to say. For now though, I am sticking to creating healthy low carb gluten free recipes.

Here was this week's adventure!
Chicken Salad

1 single serve 6oz container of so delicious Greek coconut yogurt
1 cup red grapes
1 6oz canned chicken
3 celery stalks.

I just washed the grapes. Chopped up the celery. Opened and drained the chicken. Then threw it all into a bowl and salt and peppered to taste. It makes about two and a half cups. Its great for a snack! I had half. Here's the myfitness pal nutrition breakdown



Final picture! It was pretty good. It seemed slightly bland. I think I missed the mayo that always adds a bit of flavor for some reason. Obviously the yogurt is healthier though. You can add whatever seasonings you might like, as well as nuts. I added garlic to give it more flavor.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Great. Now I am hungry.
agoerunnergirl said…
Lol! A friend of mine had a good suggestion to add dill to this recipe. It was a great suggestion. It helped bring in more flavor. I also added thyme and parsley.