More Meditation Monday

I'm having a hard time getting back to my goals this week as I deal with being under the weather :(

But being aware of our breath can help make the decision from one choice to the next.

This article is great for giving some awesome mediation tips.

I will often place a throw pillow on the floor and flip on the music channel to either the Christian music or the jazz/instrumental channel.

Set the timer on my phone.

I set it for 6 mins because I have a hard time 'zoning out' for at least the first two minutes.

I close my eyes and concentrate on my mantra. Of inhaling and exhaling. Let Go, Find Peace, Be calm.
I needed more recently though. I needed to be able to release the bad or negative thoughts circling through my mind.
 The negative committee in my head was pretty loud this weekend.
 A friend of mine said she likes to smack her committee around every couple hours or so! Lol, a very helpful thought when you're trying to find a better frame of mine.

I sometimes will pray for God to take the moodiness, the negative energy, and bad thoughts and turn them into good. Use the energy for good. It helps.
Another technique I am going to start imagining the negative energy draining into the floor. And then being filled with goodness and light.

It sets your intention for good mental health. When your in a happy mindset it makes it easier to make those hard decisions. It clears your mind and helps you focus.


Psalm 19:14 'Let the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, oh Lord, my rock, and my redeemer'

Comments

Anonymous said…
Whip that negative committee! I am thinking some quite time for myself every day might not be a bad idea. I really need to center myself again. Like is feeling very chaotic! Thank you!
agoerunnergirl said…
Finding peace in the chaos is hard. Even just 5 big deep breaths a day or every few hours really helps center me.