No More Excuses

Matthew 6:21 ESV



What is your treasure? It can be many things. Its true, your heart goes to where you put your most effort.
My pastor always says. Check your account. Follow your money. Where you put your money that's where your heart lies.
For instance, I pay my gym membership every month. Without fail. Luckily it never goes up! Unfortunately it never goes down. But I continue to pay whether I make it there 20 times a month or 2 times.
I will pay for races, for sporting events (like the dualthon or obstacle course runs).
That's where my heart is. I love exercising. I love spending time with family and friends at these events.
The training I put in takes time. I'm sacrificing time away from other loved ones however when I do these events. I'm getting rid of crappy eating habits and gaining new ones.

Where your treasure is, there is your heart.
It reminds me of that same old excuse I hear people use. "I just don't have time."
But the truth is, its not something you treasure enough to do in order to make it fit in your schedule.

Not everyone has a great schedule to be able to work out. Some people have 4 kids and are single parents... some people own their own businesses. But the truth is if you love something you will make time for it in your crazy busy schedule.

If your kid has baseball practice take them, but then while they're practicing, walk around the practice field.

There is time in your schedule, I promise. But what can you/are you willing to give up in order to fit in the healthy habits?


Matthew 6:22 ESV

“The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light,

What are you surrounding yourself with? Quick easy treats or healthy snacks?
Are surrounding yourself with healthy influences or more discouraging ones?

You're doomed to fail if you surround yourself with things that make you feel as if you can't achieve your goals.

Start by removing the negative treats from the house. Pack healthy snack options like almonds and fruit or a cheese stick and fruit.
There are some awesome healthy snack and treat options out there. (And I'm very excited to tell you about one I came across, that's tomorrow's post.)

Matthew 6:34 ESV



But most importantly. Don't stress about it. When I first started my crazy special diet last year I spent a week freaking out & I was hungry. I gained 3lbs. I suffered massive constipation. I cried if I ate gluten.
It was horrid. Mistakes are going to happen. Its life. You weren't born with perfect diet eating skills or muscles the size of cannons.
But you were born with all God gave you and you can use all of those awesome skills to help you achieve your goals.

You can do this, you are worth it! I promise you'll spend discovering just how awesome you really are on this journey.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I needed to hear this. My body is freaking out right now, lol. I need to go to the gym and figure out what to eat again. :)
agoerunnergirl said…
Yay! I'm glad it helped! Good luck let me know if I can help