Odd Ball Day(Encouragement, Boom)

I do not normally post on a Saturday. Between life and work it just seems impossible to put something together that even remotely resembles motivation.

 I had a busy day and was winding down from the crazy week when I realized, CRAP! I'm supposed to write today! (Or rather yesterday).

I wanted to talk to you all about CrossFit but I can't seem to find the same website I had found before.
The reason for the CrossFit post was because I have been encouraged by some friends and family who are personal trainers that this would be an awesome workout for me. I've been needing to step up my game quite a bit. Building muscle/toning muscle is so-so important! More muscle, helps you burn more fat, more calories. There's a difference between being skinny and actually being healthy. Which would you prefer?

Having more muscles better equips you for accomplishing bigger tasks. You can save babies from burning buildings, help Superman out on a bad, more importantly you'll be able to survive the zombie apocalypse a lot easier than Anorexic Annie. (None of these statements have been scientifically proven & if you are anorexic please know o think you are beautiful and that I am praying for you. Please seek help at National Eating Disorders 1-800-931-2237)

It occurred to me this week though that every once in awhile we need a kick in the butt, a reminder about what we're supposed to be doing to accomplish your goals. Mine is finding the right balance of carbs and protein whereas some people just need a reminder that it also takes TIME to accomplish the goals you have for yourself.

What kick in the butt do you need? I needed a firm yet gentle reminder from my Endo that bad cards (white flour, refined sugar) are BAD! BAD! BAD! It also helps to have a support system. A good friend on Thursday gestured towards her bowl of carrots she brought for lunch. It reminded me to put down the potato chips. (I'm mourning the loss of these nuggets now as I am firmly back in place with my diet. Sigh, I can do it.)

Challenge yourself to rise above your challenges.

Here's a fun nugget I found on pinterest (where else?)



Can you do these? Pick a challenge. Do something everyday. Just a little something to keep you going. What kick in the butt do you need? 


Hebrews 10:24 "We should keep on encouraging each other to be thoughtful and do good things."




Comments