Strawberry Banana Ice Cream

I'm so excited about this post! This recipe is legitimately easy-peasy!
Its called strawberry 'ice cream'.
This is where I got the original recipe

I tweaked it, I am my mothers child after all...at least my substitutions make sense...hers become crazy and just don't even go together. I bought her book. Seriously.
Anyway!



This recipe is only 4 ingredients:
 1 banana
A handful(I did about 6 or 7 medium) strawberries.
(The above recipe calls for frozen fruit, I used fresh. It really just depends how soon you want the ice cream. Now-use frozen fruit. Later, use fresh)
 2 table spoons of coconut milk (no soy, no dairy!!!!)
1 tsp of vanilla

Boom! That simple.

I sliced up my banana placed slices in the blender,
 cut the tops off the strawberries, sliced them & placed them in the blender as well.
Added my 'So Delicious' Coconut Milk and vanilla hit blend & watched the magic happened.
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY THOUGH PUT THE LID ON THE BLENDER!!
The liquid stuff tastes good so you can probably drink it as a smoothie too, but I was going for 'ice cream'



I poured mine into a glass bowl with a lid and let it sit over night.





It tastes Great! Very strawberry-e at first then more creamy. I will definitely be making this again
Here's the nutritional info::




Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome! Looks good!!

We do something similar. We called them smoothies, but were more ice cream, lol. When we make them in the food processor they came out super thick and like ice cream right away. Just frozen fruit, cover with what ever kind of milk and sweetener (we use agave). But now that our food processor broke, life is sadly not the same. Sniffle.
agoerunnergirl said…
Oh that's a huge bummer!!!
I need to work on getting some agave nectar.