Sunday Runday

Sometimes, everyday is a battle between you and your health. The fight between taste buds and better eating habits. Between relaxation and a run.
I 'failed' at one and succeed at another. To many carbs but had a pretty good run.

I'm not the worlds greatest runner. But I still run. In fact lately I don't feel like much of a runner. I have had to talk myself into runs. Today I started mentally preparing myself for what I wanted to be a four mile run.

This is where my obsession with Pinterest helps. I found some great images that helped put me in the mindset for lacing up my tennis shoes and hitting the pavement.


This one, in particular, really got me wanting to run. I had a girls night the night before and I ate good and hearty on a fee things that aren't necessarily apart of 'my diet'. Its not terrible to have the fun or the bad things, I hope, just don't go crazy buck wild all day, every day. 
I'll talk more diet stuff in 2 weeks after I talk to my nutritionist. 

But boy...what a run today. Not my best but I still did it. 
I walked, WALKED, the first mile. Lol! "Warm up" ;)

Then the second 2miles consisted of a 10min 57second mile (I blame technical difficulties on my headphones, stupid lint in the hole!) And a 10min 30something second mile. But my last mile? The one that really counts? 10mins flat. Not my best time, but I'm still proud of it. I finished strong. Heaving breaths in through my nose out through my mouth. Ignoring the tired longings of my legs, feet, back. 
I knew I would finish. I set my intention to finish well. I tore through my finish line and felt on top of the world. I felt so good, I wanted to do another mile. 

The time on my phone told me different. I needed to go. But man. What a way to end a run! On top! 

Not every day is like that. Not every run is like that. But pushing through is what makes us warriors. 

Fall down 7 times, stand up 8, right? It took Thomas Edison a minimum of 1,001 tries to get the light bulb right. The modern light bulb! 

So when you feel like you're failing, give it another goal. Learn from your past and reserve the right to do it bigger, bolder, better. 

You can do it. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am in awe of your running. I am not a runner. I hurt myself every time. I used to think it was because I was overweight. Then when I lost all the weight I tried again and almost killed myself. I lack grace. Running takes more grace than I have I guess, lol. So I stick to my bike and occasionally the elliptical. The elliptical forces grace, lol.
agoerunnergirl said…
My sister very much enjoys the elipitcal. I haven't quite decided how I feel about it. I still eye it with suspicion.