I tend to enjoy super easy meals. I don't always have a lot of time to prep and make meals so I like quick grab stuff. I also enjoy hot food. Cold food (salads) aren't my favorite and I definitely eat them sparingly.
Today's lunch meal was one of my favorite salads though! (Minus my rookie mistake of purchasing pre made patties...I think they might have put some wheat or gluten in them. I have the sad face on now).
I call it cheeseburger salad. You can't really make this wrong. Super easy! Super quick and its delicious. Low carb. Gluten free if you buy the correct meat and salsa though ;)
So here are the ingredients I used:
°1 Cheddar bacon burger from the local meat counter
°2 cups chopped red leaf lettuce
°1 slice of aged white cheddar cheese broken into small pieces
°2 tbsp of Ranch Salsa(no soy!) Made with yogurt
You can always add:
Avocado
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Extra Bacon
Choice of sauce (be careful of sugar contents/ingredients- read your labels or make your own)
I washed and chopped the lettuce leaf put it on a plate.
Added 1 square slice of aged white cheddar cheese
And topped with ranch salsa.
Just waited for my burger to grill on my George Foreman grill (life saver on a low carb diet!! And for quick meals) waited till it was brown in the middle.
I cut the burger into a bunch of small pieces then topped it onto my salad.
It was delicious.
Today's lunch meal was one of my favorite salads though! (Minus my rookie mistake of purchasing pre made patties...I think they might have put some wheat or gluten in them. I have the sad face on now).
I call it cheeseburger salad. You can't really make this wrong. Super easy! Super quick and its delicious. Low carb. Gluten free if you buy the correct meat and salsa though ;)
So here are the ingredients I used:
°1 Cheddar bacon burger from the local meat counter
°2 cups chopped red leaf lettuce
°1 slice of aged white cheddar cheese broken into small pieces
°2 tbsp of Ranch Salsa(no soy!) Made with yogurt
You can always add:
Avocado
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Extra Bacon
Choice of sauce (be careful of sugar contents/ingredients- read your labels or make your own)
I washed and chopped the lettuce leaf put it on a plate.
Added 1 square slice of aged white cheddar cheese
And topped with ranch salsa.
Just waited for my burger to grill on my George Foreman grill (life saver on a low carb diet!! And for quick meals) waited till it was brown in the middle.
I cut the burger into a bunch of small pieces then topped it onto my salad.
It was delicious.
Here is the my fitness pal nutritional information:
I'm not sure that I can add more to tell you how delicious it was. I did follow it up with a cup of red seedless grapes for dessert. It was...simply...perfect.
Okay, if I haven't made you hungry by now then...I don't know!
Enjoy!
On the menu for next week. Irish Sweet Potato Nachos. (Found it on Pinterest) Cheesey Spaghetti Squash, and Fried Chicken with loaded baked cauliflower! Can't wait to try these recipes!!
See you tomorrow.



Comments