Strength training your body and mind

The need for ice cream is strong. Since I've decided to stay at my current weight I'm trying to figure out how many carbs I can have that a) won't affect my insulin levels and b) will help me maintain my current weight.

I went to body pump today at the gym. I haven't been to a BodyPump Class in awhile but it was nice to lift some weights. (As little as they were, 5 and 7.5lbs)
Body pump is a barbell class that is suppose to help tone, sculpt and strengthen your muscles. I have done a couple of these classes sporadically, but not continuously. I plan to do a 12 week session. Or rather 12 classes. 1 class a week.
I'm working towards being stronger, building muscle.

With that said, I admit I haven't done great with my Lenten Sacrifices this year. I totally gave into my ice cream craving. It was magical and delicious and just a perfect way to end this perfect day.
I even got to take a 1mile walk with our doggie girl & my hubby.


But, I'm not just working on being strong physically. I'm also working on being strong mentally.
All I needed was a serving size. I followed the ice cream with a big cup of water. Its about NOT feeling like I need sugar. I don't NEED anything besides healthy food. When I do have treats it needs to be every once in GREAT while and I have to be able to control how much. Aka not eating a giant size blizzard when a mini will do just fine. Or a suitable healthy option like a bowl of strawberries and a scoop of whipped topping. Being a peace with my body and my food choices.

I ate very good today. Grilled chicken breast with broccoli and cheese for lunch. 3 egg white cheese omelet, peanut butter with apple for breakfast. Grapes with heart healthy nuts for a mid morning snack.

Then the ice cream, oh! And I guess I did have a small bit of chex cereal with coconut milk.

All in all a perfect day. Only went over on my carb count a little bit. Even with the "allowances".

T-Minus 7 days till I have my meeting with the nutritionist. I'm really hoping she's going to tell me that ice cream is still okay! Lol! Can't wait to tell you all about the meeting!

Here's to hoping you conquered your cravings or at least allowed room for it to fit into your diet today. And if you didn't have room then, just get back on track. Eventually you'll be where I am. Goal weight working towards a peaceful mind and controlling my PCOS.

You can do this! I have 6+ years and almost lost pounds that says you can.
Do you want it bad enough?





Comments