30 Day Squat Challenge

I have to admit, I haven't been to great with keeping up with my 30 day Squat challenge.

I am suppose to be on day 15....

Gulp, I just realized I am suppose to do 140 squats today. How do you do your challenges?
I took a CXWorx class today, and there's at least 50 squats in that class...I say it counts! I also did 10 more standing in front of my fridge to fill my water bottle...that equals 60...I only need 80 more...GREEAATTTTT!!!! Talk about a sore booty by the end of the night. (I think I can, I think I can, I think can...)
I'll get it done. 

Tomorrows a rest day! YAY!!!! Tomorrow is also my cardio day, so I'll be running.
I'll let you know tomorrow if I will be cursing the inventor of stairs or if I'll be glad to have flushed my legs with a run and some stretching. 

Also! I finally figured out that popular eating after 9pm myth. As our nights have been turning into really late nights with our new work schedules, I find that we have been eating at 9:30-10pm at night. 
According to Runner's World.com Henrietta Baily, a nutritionist who works part of the Pure Sports Medicine Team (http://www.puresportsmed.com/) says, fear is that most people will gain weight by eating to late.
She says "you can eat carbs after 6pm as long as you balance the carbohydrate with a good portion of protein and don't overdo your portion size."
One tip she gives is "If you are eating late don't choose foods that are hard to digest, such as red meat."

Another great website, where I found this popular food myth busted is at Meld Magazine
"The reality is this myth has nothing to do with what time you're eating, and more to do with what you're eating..."
 Janeane Dart from Monash University's Department of Nutrition and Dietetics says "If your day starts later or if you like to sleep in and begin your day around 11am, you might be having dinner around 9pm, and that's absolutely fine." 
Their tip? "Make sure you are eating because you're hungry and not because you're bored or need a distraction. Also, make sure you the snacks you're choosing are healthy snacks." 

So, there you have it! Any food myths you have questions about? Send them to me & I'll see what I can do to help solve the mystery!

Well have a good night! I'm outta here!
A





Comments