Exercise Tuesday - Goals

What are your goals? What are goals? What do you want from your workout?

If you have to talk yourself into doing a certain workout, it's probably worth it to try something new. You should honestly be pumped up and excited to work out.
However, not everyone enjoys exercising, even the thought of just going to the gym sets their teeth on edge.
But why do you think people post on facebook so often about why they go to the gym? (Assuming other than vanity.)
BECAUSE THEY ARE EXCITED!



I thought of this today as I headed up to the gym. I am signed up on Tuesdays to do CXWorx (An intense Ab class that focuses on building your core and some strength training) and to go to RPM, or stationary bike class.
Love them both, but I was really NOT in the mood to hop on the bike today. Cycling just isn't my thing most days, and that's okay! But I knew I needed to make sure I got my cardio in for the day, so I devised a plan.

I made sure to grab a hat, my arm band, head phones, and a knife (I bring it along to deter possible creepo's, while I run at the park. I also carry the face of a "I will shank you, if you get close enough" look). Double checked that my water bottle was filled CLEAR TO THE TOP so that I would be able to go from the gym to the park without him-hawing around, and I was off.
Lastly I remembered I have the warrior dash coming up! As well as a 5k. (Which reminds, I think I'll be lifting for the upper body tomorrow).

So, I figured out my goal for the day & went for it.

Ask yourself everyday, what is my goal? What would I like to achieve today? How can I make this happen?

If your goal is to lose weight, concentrate on diet and exercise, finding a balance. If your goal is to not jiggle anymore, concentrate on classes and exercises that tone and sculpt your body. If your goal is to burn fat, do fat blasting workouts and EAT a well balanced diet!
If your goal is to get stronger, lift!!

What are your goals?

Mine is heavily concentrated on my diet right now as I am doing my best to control my hormones with as minimal medication as possible. With a focus on toning and building muscle. I want to be NINJA STRONG!! I want to sneak up on people quietly, and be able to push people over with the flick of my pointer finger withouy using the full weight of my arm. (Intense right? I'm mostly kidding.)



Once you establish your goals, the easier it will be to start working towards achieving them.
Just remind yourself of them every day & your decisions with come as naturally as breathing. It takes practice and patience, but trust me, you will get there!

(No Link Found)


A

Comments