Keeping At It

I will try to get back to my regular blogging schedule this week. Man oh man, has it been a week. With the death of our fur friend and then discovering a mess the cats have left us downstairs, I've been knee deep in projects all weekend. Which I then, of course, took to pinterest to start redesigning or redecorating our house.
I am so PUMPED! I have a ton of ideas of what I want to do to our house. I'm not normally a person who likes to paint, but I think having a direction helps.
It's funny how life just keeps on changing. That's really the only thing in life we can expect, huh?
Between weddings,our fur friend passing away and getting the house in order for what I've now dubbed "the redecoration projection", I'm not going to lie, it's been very hard to want to stick to my goals.

But this is when it's most important.

For instance, today. Crazy day. I had an appointment, then I went to visit a friend out of town, really quick. Then came back, thought we had to get the cats ashes, but just kidding, they haven't been sent out yet. Then come home, finish cleaning, fixing up...can you believe I haven't worked out since THURSDAY!?!

That's so unlike me. But tell you what, my diet has been pretty impressive. I think anyway. Still trying to find the right carb balance that works for me.
I know I have done a lot. And I try not to let any excuse get in my way of getting to the gym or getting out for a run. I even have come home late, in order to make sure I got a workout in. I would stay up till 10 sometimes just to workout. (Once or twice even until midnight).
I haven't felt a push to workout in so long. I had intended on getting up to the gym today for the 6pm class to get to body pump but I couldn't quite make it, between the visit to the animal hospital....just....life.


Keep Going.

Right now I have a sugar craving...not bad. It's actually subsided in the last 20minutes. I keep drinking water.
I would find myself a little treat, or even find an alternative to something sweet (such as ANY type of fruit) but I am dedicated to figuring out a good "diet" (I use the term as it's meant, as in "the kinds of food I eat", NOT trying to lose weight.) for my hormones.

I a bible verse I found most helpful (of course I find a bible verse!) is James 1:3-4 "because you know the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking with anything."


The more I keep at this diet, the more I keep trying to plug away and find what woks for me, the more I don't give up. The stronger I become. The more knowledge I gain, the more equipped I become for my trails. I become better and stronger than my trails.
When one thing fails, try another, and another, and another...most importantly. Don't. Give. Up.


Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark...professionals built the Titanic.

Keep. Moving. Forward.

Here's to beating tonight's sugar craving...I'm just going to keep drinking my water :)

Comments