Rough Day Post

Today is a bit of a rough day. I'm 2 pounds outside of my goal range & just in general I'm feeling a bit downtrodden for a multitude of reasons...reasons that have me using apparently very big words...for me.
I purchased a gluten free, soy-free, dairy free chocolate bar from Bakers while on break from work. I was hoping to get back on track & not have treats this week (at least until the weekend.) I know most people will look at this and think "One candy bar? Just one? You seriously stopped at 4 pieces of chocolate?"
But the truth is, I can't not think about what the chocolate will do for my insulin resistance. Will it make my stomach hurt? Will I break out more than I already do? How will this affect everything else that comes along with PCOS?

Do you ever have those days where you just beat yourself up? I am trying to be watchful of my goal weight range because I don't want to use food as an excuse to hide my feelings anymore. I want to better understand and accept my emotions without stuffing my face. It's as simple and as complicated as that.

I did a great workout this morning. 30min Ab class followed by 45mins in the RPM class I take, so honestly, I earned the chocolate bar. One won't kill me...but 2 or 3 will definitely throw me off balance and send me back into old habits.
What to do? Be mindful, not setting myself up for failure. And checking out some great blogs online today, letting me know I'm not alone in this current journey I'm on is really helping to perk my mood.
What is a shot of happiness that I can find that might just turn this day around yet?

A yummy dinner. Looking forward to my derm appointment later this week & hoping she'll give me good news :)
I think I might stretch later. Look at some funny stuff buzzfeed. Oh...a cup of tea will definitely do the trick I think.

(From TwoTen Mag and YesHeIs.com)

Yogi Tea love note :)

Comments