The Day After

Yesterday, I participated in my first ever annual Murph Challenge. It was a way of acknowledging and paying tribute to those who have lost their lives in the line of service.
It was a brutal task, and one I was every bit mentally ready & prepared for. I believe I physically reached my limits with the workout which was referred to by Lt. Michael Muprhy as "Body Armor".

Boy, do I feel like I have some body armor on today. I feel about 10lbs heavier and can hardly open doors, or wash my hands.

Every minute of it was worth it though.


This got me to thinking about body armor, or mental emotional, spiritual armor that we put on ourselves or use. 

(Ephesians 10-18)

By putting on an armor, whether it be physical, spiritual, or emotional we can challenge ourselves to look fear in the face. 

Exercising gives you strength to keep pushing your body to new limits, it forces you to be grateful for the beauty and power of your body. I definitely gained that yesterday. 
Emotionally when we become stronger, whether it's by talking to a licensed professional when we need it, or by sitting down and giving way to the tears that Eb up inside of us and not letting the darkness win. 
Spiritually when we arm ourselves with scripture and prayer to overcome our toughest battles. 

We can stand up to bullies, to our fears, to others. You have to keep pushing forward and strive to gain what you are looking for. 
There's no way, 6 years ago I would have NEVER thought about doing something as tough as the Murph Challenge. Whether Lt. Murphy intended for it to be a workout that is designed to push you physically and emotionally, I don't know. But I do know, that I did it with the best of my ability and it has me pumped (and sore) to do the next event. 
I know that I can endure it. Whatever the world may bring, whatever the next event will hand me, I know with practice, armor, and prayer that I can get through it. 

(Sidenote: I have bought the cauliflower for cauliflower pizza crust, but I haven't had time to create any new recipes lately, I've been trying to get all my protein in and make sure I'm sticking to low sugars the last couple weeks, ((I say this as my friend just announced she got me GLUTEN FREE JO-JO's!! those will be eatne soon!)) so the pizza hasn't fit into my count Sorry::sad face::)











On to the next event! 
Blessings Everyone, 
A

Comments