I'm just warning you, I am setting up a somewhat of a spectacular emotional PCOS rant this evening. I'm not even sure where to begin. But my soap box is set and I am ready for hollerin' out my lungs...sort of.
The thing is, PCOS brings a bit of emotional baggage with it. As I am sure you can assume with any "invisible disease". I have been having a bit of an emotional pity party though. The thing is, since no one can see it (other than my acne) not everyone gets it. Not everyone gets why I had to lose 30lbs last year to reset my hormone system. No one understands why I take 15million supplements. (Okay so it's really only...9 supplements and 2 prescription meds. I'll post what I take & why I take it on a different day. Today is not that day.)
It's a common joke that I will be able to transition into old age easily, because I already have alarms set to remind me to take my pills and I carry around a pill caddy in my purse. (I put them in the market basket for giggles.)
I am also constantly faced with the things I am "choosing to avoid eating"...mainly it's suppose to be sugar...good old refined processed sugar. I should be eating wholesome snacks I make myself, EVERYDAY. I should be totally eliminating everything completely bad from my diet.
Corn, because it's really a carb and it turns out my intestines find it hard to digest.
Here are the articles on things I avoid because of my PCOS.
PCOS and Gluten-Why you should avoid it, pcosditesupport
PCOS and Dairy-pcos diet support.com
PCOS and Soy-pcosdiva.com
Stick to only having two fruits a day. Low carb diet, high protein. Watch your fats least you forget about possibly having a heart attack. Then there's Low Gylcemic Index or Gylcemic Load...(I do plan to listen to the Tarryn's Podcast at PCOSdietsupport tomorrow morning on how to figure that out.) I just toss my hands in the air and scream"WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE A COOKIE WITHOUT IT SCREWING UP MY SYSTEM?"
My pastor has said a few times that we make decisions based off of consequences. His example is, his daughter complains about going to school. "Why do I HAVE to go?" He says "Well, you don't HAVE to go."
She replies "Well yes I do. Otherwise I will get in trouble. I'll become grounded or get detention."
We don't HAVE to do anything. I can very well eat the entire box of cookies & not think twice, or eat all of the popcorn and chips and salsa. But it's not going to start jump start my ovaries into ovulating. It won't keep my skin clear. I just need to learn to make my own snacks for the entire week.
Challenges are what make life interesting...OVERCOMING them is what makes life meaningful.
My Goals this week:
1. make desserts this week, that are PCOS friendly and toss them in the freezer.
2. create quick grab snacks to take with me throughout the week.
3. Swim at least once to train for the upcoming Triathlon event for August.
4. Drink LOTS of water
5. Meditate...
I should call that good. All stress reducing.
I hope you had a great Sunday Runday. I got 4.17 miles in, on a vacation run this morning. Which was great. However, I am trying not to kick myself for eating things I should NOT have eaten.
Although, I am currently struggling with anger towards God this week, I still haven't stopped loving him. I still haven't stopped thanking him for the great things in my life.
1. My husband, my best friend.
2. My 2 fur babies
3. My Framily (Friends and family, cause honestly how can you separate the two?)
4. That I AM an AMERICAN girl, with FREEDOM.
5. That I am lucky to experience 1st World Problems. (Like my web page not loading fast enough. Not finding the DVD we want to watch at the video store...1st world stuff)
6. My arms, hands, legs. My strong arms for carrying, lifting, and helping with projects around the house. Hands because they help me do my job, legs for the chance to run from my feelings, my anger, my resentment...
7. A washer and dryer. Those are important
8. The fact that no one will care if I get the clothes folded this weekend or not
9. The Opportunity for...EVERYTHING
10. For this blog. For readers like you. You honestly help me keep going. I've had an out pour of love from some readers recently and truly if it wasn't for you...I probably wouldn't be as dedicated! HA!!!
I challenge you to find 10 things you are happy about today. Or even just 1 thing. Remind yourself of that one thing. Everyday, everyday add to that list. This list will also work great for getting healthy. Name 10 reasons why you want to get in shape! Post it somewhere you can see it everyday. Do it for the before and after pictures. Do it for you! Do it for the chance to live longer. Enjoy moments that not everyone gets to enjoy.
Alright, that's a lot for one day!!
Much love, blessings, and praying that you all have a good week.
With Love,
A
The thing is, PCOS brings a bit of emotional baggage with it. As I am sure you can assume with any "invisible disease". I have been having a bit of an emotional pity party though. The thing is, since no one can see it (other than my acne) not everyone gets it. Not everyone gets why I had to lose 30lbs last year to reset my hormone system. No one understands why I take 15million supplements. (Okay so it's really only...9 supplements and 2 prescription meds. I'll post what I take & why I take it on a different day. Today is not that day.)
It's a common joke that I will be able to transition into old age easily, because I already have alarms set to remind me to take my pills and I carry around a pill caddy in my purse. (I put them in the market basket for giggles.)
I am also constantly faced with the things I am "choosing to avoid eating"...mainly it's suppose to be sugar...good old refined processed sugar. I should be eating wholesome snacks I make myself, EVERYDAY. I should be totally eliminating everything completely bad from my diet.
Corn, because it's really a carb and it turns out my intestines find it hard to digest.
Here are the articles on things I avoid because of my PCOS.
PCOS and Gluten-Why you should avoid it, pcosditesupport
PCOS and Dairy-pcos diet support.com
PCOS and Soy-pcosdiva.com
Stick to only having two fruits a day. Low carb diet, high protein. Watch your fats least you forget about possibly having a heart attack. Then there's Low Gylcemic Index or Gylcemic Load...(I do plan to listen to the Tarryn's Podcast at PCOSdietsupport tomorrow morning on how to figure that out.) I just toss my hands in the air and scream"WHY CAN'T I JUST HAVE A COOKIE WITHOUT IT SCREWING UP MY SYSTEM?"
My pastor has said a few times that we make decisions based off of consequences. His example is, his daughter complains about going to school. "Why do I HAVE to go?" He says "Well, you don't HAVE to go."
She replies "Well yes I do. Otherwise I will get in trouble. I'll become grounded or get detention."
We don't HAVE to do anything. I can very well eat the entire box of cookies & not think twice, or eat all of the popcorn and chips and salsa. But it's not going to start jump start my ovaries into ovulating. It won't keep my skin clear. I just need to learn to make my own snacks for the entire week.
I need to remember that ONE DAY Will not make or break my success ON THIS CURRENT JOURNEY!
My Goals this week:
1. make desserts this week, that are PCOS friendly and toss them in the freezer.
2. create quick grab snacks to take with me throughout the week.
3. Swim at least once to train for the upcoming Triathlon event for August.
4. Drink LOTS of water
5. Meditate...
I should call that good. All stress reducing.
I hope you had a great Sunday Runday. I got 4.17 miles in, on a vacation run this morning. Which was great. However, I am trying not to kick myself for eating things I should NOT have eaten.
Although, I am currently struggling with anger towards God this week, I still haven't stopped loving him. I still haven't stopped thanking him for the great things in my life.
1. My husband, my best friend.
2. My 2 fur babies
3. My Framily (Friends and family, cause honestly how can you separate the two?)
4. That I AM an AMERICAN girl, with FREEDOM.
5. That I am lucky to experience 1st World Problems. (Like my web page not loading fast enough. Not finding the DVD we want to watch at the video store...1st world stuff)
6. My arms, hands, legs. My strong arms for carrying, lifting, and helping with projects around the house. Hands because they help me do my job, legs for the chance to run from my feelings, my anger, my resentment...
7. A washer and dryer. Those are important
8. The fact that no one will care if I get the clothes folded this weekend or not
9. The Opportunity for...EVERYTHING
10. For this blog. For readers like you. You honestly help me keep going. I've had an out pour of love from some readers recently and truly if it wasn't for you...I probably wouldn't be as dedicated! HA!!!
I challenge you to find 10 things you are happy about today. Or even just 1 thing. Remind yourself of that one thing. Everyday, everyday add to that list. This list will also work great for getting healthy. Name 10 reasons why you want to get in shape! Post it somewhere you can see it everyday. Do it for the before and after pictures. Do it for you! Do it for the chance to live longer. Enjoy moments that not everyone gets to enjoy.
Alright, that's a lot for one day!!
Much love, blessings, and praying that you all have a good week.
With Love,
A


Comments