I apologize I didn't get behind a keyboard yesterday. I had some training to do in the morning for the half marathon, then I was packed at work, then came home to a dog that had strewn trash ALL OVER THE HOUSE! Plus I still had to cook dinner at 9:30pm! LOL! Thank God I have been blessed with a wonderful partner in crime, he helped me calmly clean up the mess then patiently waited for me to finish making dinner.
Training was sort of terrible, I had to take a bathroom break around mile 2.8, then head back to the park for the last 1.2miles.
All in all, not a bad day, just a day where I had many distractions.
So, thank you for being amazing readers and awaiting today's post!
I discovered Thursday when I went to make my snacks for the day that my zucchini went bad :( therefore, I was unable to get to the zucchini chips this week. BUT! I did make spicy chickpeas.
A gal at work told me how easy it was, and I just really had to try to it.
I did some Internet research on how to make them because I couldn't remember what temperature to put the oven on.
Instructions:
Next, I made a new smoothie recipe!
Ingredients:
4oz almond milk
1/2 of an avocado
1/2 cup of spinach
1 sliced banana
1/4 cup of blueberries
1 scoop of the protein powder of your choice (I use the vegan Sun Warrior Chocolate Protein Powder)
Instructions:
Place of the ingredients in a blender and hit the puree button. Blend/puree, for about 2minutes, until smooth.
It comes out looking very green, but it doesn't make it any less delicious. I was nervous about adding an avocado since they are not my TOP favorite food. I will eat them, I just don't eat them that often.
With all of these ingredients, it makes two servings & it is REALLY filling! So just one serving will really make a great small meal.
Here are the health bennies of this weeks smoothie::
*According to LifeHack.org some of the benefits of almond milk include, weight management (with almond milk only being 60 calories compared to the 160 of regular milk), it keeps your bones strong (Offers 30% of your daily calcium intake, as well as 25% of your daily vitamin D intake, which can reduce your risk of arthritis, osteoporosis, and improve your immune function.),barely impacts your blood sugar, contributes to muscle strength and healing. It also contains 50% of your daily vitamin E, which contributes to healthy glowing skin! Check out the link for even more healthy perks about almond milk.
*Spinach- Full of vitamin C, E, A, and K1 which converts to K2(click the link for more info). It also contains flavonoid compounds that function as anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer agents.
*Bananas- Interesting enough might be that they help you overcome depression! They contain high levels of tryptophan which converts into serotonin, the happy mood brain neurotransmitter. Eaten before a work out can help sustain your blood sugar; Protects against muscle cramps! Reduce swelling, helps with PMS symptoms, helps with the production of white blood cells; contain iron; Helps lower blood pressure and protects against heart attack and stroke. They act as a natural PREBIOTIC stimulating the growth of healthy bacteria in the bowl. (After reading the link's description, I am pretty much in love with bananas now). They also offer a myriad of other health benefits. WhFoods.com goes onto list a least 15+ more benefits of eating bananas alone and other fun facts, like putting the banana peel on a bug bite!! Crazy!
*Blueberries- Contain many phytonutrients that function both as anti-oxidants and as anti-inflammatory compounds in the body. If consumed daily they can help improve cognitive function according to research over at whfoods.com. Can function as a low GI food even though it scores high on the GI scale.
*Sun Warrior Protein Powder- contains all essential amino acids, creates a feeling of fullness(This is no joke), promotes muscle function, provides energy, and it's delicious! You can also try Yoli Protein Shake, (if you are not worried about dairy intake) this protein is REALLY good! Check out their site for all of their benefits and healing properties.
Ooh, just for fun, why don't we do the health benefits of chickpeas!
*Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans- High in fiber & protein, contains manganese for energy production. Contain Iron, stabilizes blood sugar levels, low on the GI scale. Regular intake can lower the LDL or bad cholesterol levels. They contain phytochemicals that contain saponins which can act as antioxidants. Could help lower the risk of breast cancer, protect against osteoporosis, and lessen hot flashes in post menopausal women. Can also help you feel fuller/longer controlling appetite. (Although, I went on a run yesterday & I had just about the entire can throughout the day & I was still starved, so not sure how totally true this last statement is, but they are SUPER delicious.
I think I am going to go ahead and call the smoothie I made a SUPER SMOOTHIE!!!! and a SUPER SNACK!
Alright, everyone! Gotta get to work.
Have a great day.
Blessings,
A
I'll for sure Post Sunday, not sure about Saturday yet.
Love ya' all!!!
Training was sort of terrible, I had to take a bathroom break around mile 2.8, then head back to the park for the last 1.2miles.
All in all, not a bad day, just a day where I had many distractions.
So, thank you for being amazing readers and awaiting today's post!
I discovered Thursday when I went to make my snacks for the day that my zucchini went bad :( therefore, I was unable to get to the zucchini chips this week. BUT! I did make spicy chickpeas.
A gal at work told me how easy it was, and I just really had to try to it.
I did some Internet research on how to make them because I couldn't remember what temperature to put the oven on.
Instructions:
Anyway, one blogger suggested draining and drying your chickpeas for 30mins before baking them. (This is a Very important step! I made mine, and they tasted great but they didn't come out crunchy. I did not do this step)
Set Oven at 400
Place chick peas in a shallow baking dish in a single layer
Cook for 10mins, and then stir and flatten to a single layer again
Cook another 10mins (Stir and arrange into a flat/single layer)
Add seasonings (As much or as little as you like)
Cook an additional 5minutes
Let Cool
Serve & Enjoy!
Super easy! Really delicious. Next time, I'll need to dry mine but I ate almost the entire can of the chickpeas yesterday it was so good.
Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas (I found mine in the "ethnic" aisle...is that what you call it? Their near the tacos under the name garbanzo beans.)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
(Honestly you can season them however you like, this is just how I made mine, the gal at work said she put chili powder on hers. I plan to do that next I make them.) Next, I made a new smoothie recipe!
Ingredients:
4oz almond milk
1/2 of an avocado
1/2 cup of spinach
1 sliced banana
1/4 cup of blueberries
1 scoop of the protein powder of your choice (I use the vegan Sun Warrior Chocolate Protein Powder)
Instructions:
Place of the ingredients in a blender and hit the puree button. Blend/puree, for about 2minutes, until smooth.
It comes out looking very green, but it doesn't make it any less delicious. I was nervous about adding an avocado since they are not my TOP favorite food. I will eat them, I just don't eat them that often.
With all of these ingredients, it makes two servings & it is REALLY filling! So just one serving will really make a great small meal.
Here are the health bennies of this weeks smoothie::
*According to LifeHack.org some of the benefits of almond milk include, weight management (with almond milk only being 60 calories compared to the 160 of regular milk), it keeps your bones strong (Offers 30% of your daily calcium intake, as well as 25% of your daily vitamin D intake, which can reduce your risk of arthritis, osteoporosis, and improve your immune function.),barely impacts your blood sugar, contributes to muscle strength and healing. It also contains 50% of your daily vitamin E, which contributes to healthy glowing skin! Check out the link for even more healthy perks about almond milk.
*Avocado's contain 3 key supporters of our inflammatory system that help keep inflammation under control. These green monsters include lots of vitamin E & K, potassium and magnesium, fiber, They contain Omega-3 fatty acids (which can lower elevated triglyceride levels). Promotes blood sugar regulation! Click on the link for even more information! Or Check out Pin-Fitness for even more information!
*Spinach- Full of vitamin C, E, A, and K1 which converts to K2(click the link for more info). It also contains flavonoid compounds that function as anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer agents.
*Bananas- Interesting enough might be that they help you overcome depression! They contain high levels of tryptophan which converts into serotonin, the happy mood brain neurotransmitter. Eaten before a work out can help sustain your blood sugar; Protects against muscle cramps! Reduce swelling, helps with PMS symptoms, helps with the production of white blood cells; contain iron; Helps lower blood pressure and protects against heart attack and stroke. They act as a natural PREBIOTIC stimulating the growth of healthy bacteria in the bowl. (After reading the link's description, I am pretty much in love with bananas now). They also offer a myriad of other health benefits. WhFoods.com goes onto list a least 15+ more benefits of eating bananas alone and other fun facts, like putting the banana peel on a bug bite!! Crazy!
*Blueberries- Contain many phytonutrients that function both as anti-oxidants and as anti-inflammatory compounds in the body. If consumed daily they can help improve cognitive function according to research over at whfoods.com. Can function as a low GI food even though it scores high on the GI scale.
*Sun Warrior Protein Powder- contains all essential amino acids, creates a feeling of fullness(This is no joke), promotes muscle function, provides energy, and it's delicious! You can also try Yoli Protein Shake, (if you are not worried about dairy intake) this protein is REALLY good! Check out their site for all of their benefits and healing properties.
Ooh, just for fun, why don't we do the health benefits of chickpeas!
*Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans- High in fiber & protein, contains manganese for energy production. Contain Iron, stabilizes blood sugar levels, low on the GI scale. Regular intake can lower the LDL or bad cholesterol levels. They contain phytochemicals that contain saponins which can act as antioxidants. Could help lower the risk of breast cancer, protect against osteoporosis, and lessen hot flashes in post menopausal women. Can also help you feel fuller/longer controlling appetite. (Although, I went on a run yesterday & I had just about the entire can throughout the day & I was still starved, so not sure how totally true this last statement is, but they are SUPER delicious.
I think I am going to go ahead and call the smoothie I made a SUPER SMOOTHIE!!!! and a SUPER SNACK!
Alright, everyone! Gotta get to work.
Have a great day.
Blessings,
A
I'll for sure Post Sunday, not sure about Saturday yet.
Love ya' all!!!



Comments