Strength and Courage in Hope

I really needed the time away at the farm. It helped renew my soul I think. Between being awakened by the lulling of the cows, and the fresh crisp air, I not only slept well but found hope again.

After 4 pregnancy announcements in less than a month. I found myself thinking, I can't do this anymore. I can't continue to hold on for when money becomes available. I can't keep hoping we'll go back to the doctors. I can't keep hoping this will happen for us.

Saturday morning I woke with a smile on my face. Being away from work, having a more laid back schedule. Spending time with family and friends I was excited to get the weekend started but not ready to get out of bed. Doing what, I'm going to assume, most women my age do, I scrolled through Pinterest. I came across this picture.


Maybe you've seen it, maybe you’re seeing it for the very first time and chuckling at their already excited yet exhausted faces. I naturally assumed it was an infertility announcement and after clicking on the link to the image, I got their full story.


What a story. After 8 years of infertility. 8 years of heartache, pain~ emotional and physical. Waiting, hoping, crying, they were blessed with multiplies. QUADRUPLETS!
In June 2014 they finally had enough money to try one final option through in vitro at Utah Fertility Clinic. Total cost of receipts was $7,900.

8 years. What a long time. Finally having enough money…boy do I understand that.  

Another couple we spent time with this weekend have been married for 15 years, they too are riding this crazy train of infertility. Not willing to surrender defeat just yet-they’ve gone multiple rounds of IUI and are moving onto the IVF process. 15. Years.

We’re 6 and half years in to this journey. In February it’ll be 7.

The truth is, it takes strength to hang on, to hang onto hope, for that long. Why keep putting yourself through the turmoil? Why keep hoping for that long? 

I love this new Song by Kristene DiMarco ~ Take Courage. Take a listen. It was exactly what I needed to hold onto hope. 




Check out the couples blog and their shop! At Gardner Quad Squad and A Miracle Unfolding.

Blessings everyone,
A

Comments