Monday Motivation

--------------------------------------*----------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots, quotes, and moments that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded me to be healthy. 
 ------------------------------------*-----------------------------

I did my best, to stay motivated last week. My sis's upcoming wedding and family coming to say, I've been putting some undue pressure on myself. Doing my best to practice self care, however, I've basically eaten, everything. I've been binge eating sugar, chocolate, cookies. You name it. I probably found a way to make it and enjoy it.

I did my best. Kept up with my miles this last week.

 Between class and getting the house ready I wasn't able to my 11 mile training run straight. I broke up the miles. 5 on Saturday, 6 on Sunday. I'm not that disciplined or physically fit to be able to do this many miles back to back. Plus with a deep tissue massage on both days...not the best idea. I was hurting and slow.  


 Up early for some training


10 miles last Saturday! Not bad. Hit that proverbial wall around mile 8. It was tough to break through. 

I wish I could drag myself out of this little funk, but I sort of did it to myself. Way over scheduled myself. Next month should bring a calmer schedule, and I'm starting to make my preparations for Halloween! I'll share that soon!

I did discover a new app last week for meditating. I'm not great at meditating. Mostly because I'm not a quiet individual and often find too long of silences almost painful. However, I am becoming more comfortable with my own breath and this app called calm, works great! I dislike that you have to pay for it to receive more than day of any plan, however it doesn't take away from how natural and relaxing the voice of the woman is. Plus I get to pick the background noise. One time while attempting to relax/fall asleep during a guided mediation I almost had a panic attack. Everything felt like it was closing in. I did not feel this way with Calm.

If meditation is your thing, or if relaxing sounds of rain or a fire crackling soothe your soul, this is the app for that.

I hope you were WAY more motivated than I was!
Blessings,
A

Comments