Woman Crush Wednesday: TayTay

I can't believe it's been two and a half weeks since I last posted. I'm a terrible, horrible, no good, blogger...just kidding. I'm not bad. I just don't post as much as I used to anymore. As long as I keep coming back, that's what matters right? Right!

This week I am back after a week in the Caribbean! Although, I was gone about two weeks ago...but it's taken that long to get back on track. Iron woman and I hit up the gym twice already this week PLUS we took an extra long walk on Monday. It was worth it. Physically, emotionally, mentally I feel better when I eat really well, and I get my daily exercise in. However, I'm EXHAUSTED! I wake up so early, sometimes depending on the night, it gets to be a late night. It's an even shorter night if the old Bully dog wakes up cause she can't hold her bladder anymore...

I digress. (As usual.) I wanted to come back to you this week with something a little extra. For one thing...it's Mothers day this Sunday, but this past Sunday was National Infertility Survival Day. Now to combine the two.

Mothers day can be hard for some of us. Some of us have lost mothers due to a fatal disease or accident. Others are just gone or were never there. Some of us no longer talk to our mothers. Whatever the case...mothers day isn't always filled with pleasant memories with flowers and promises of spa days to let me mom relax.

There's also those of us who long to be mamas, or mamas with babies in Heaven. We're hopeful yet full of grief.

Today is about one of those Moms in the Making that inspires me through my anger and sadness. My friend Tay has been a mom in the making for about 6 years now. I've only known her a short while but our related experiences bonded us quickly.


We met through a mutual friend (who is also a beautiful Godly woman inside and out.) slowly introducing one introvert and one obnoxious loud-mouth. (I'm the latter.) LOL! Tay continually reminds me of needing to surrender my journey to God. Reminding me that he wants us to be fruitful and multiple. That someones elses' joy does not take away from mine. She is a runner and mother to a tortoise (because science teachers go all the way with pets. Who has a BIG tortoise for a pet?)



Tay also took a step in faith and started a bible study! The book is entitled Wait and See by Wendy Pope. It's a great book for where we are in our lives right now. Waiting on God promises in the present while participating in God's work for our futures. It's changing out thinking pattern from object we want to the person of our Faith. It's a great book as it walks us through David's life from being anointed to a king while still working in a field among animals, to becoming a ruler. It's amazing how long it took for him to actually take possession of what the Lord called him to do. To be a ruler. A King.



Not only is a teacher, a wife, and mom to a highly active shell, she's all interviewing to be a Moms in the Making Leader. She would like a be a local leader inspiring other woman through this season of their lives.

Tay takes this hard journey and makes a message out of it for Jesus. Continually pointing me back to the person of my faith. With her I have been able to step out in faith and connect to others. I've found the courage to seek training for PCOS Advocacy day.

This woman of Faith who takes bold steps to help others. This is why she inspires me and is my woman crush Wednesday.

Gosh it's good to be back to blogging! On Friday I will be back for some encouraging words and inspirational stories for all my friends who are currently pregnant or who have recently had babies as well as to honor all the moms in my life.

Blessings everyone,
A

Comments