Motivation Monday: Running and The Murph

--------------------------------------*----------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots, quotes, and moments that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded me to be healthy. 
 ------------------------------------*-----------------------------

A little late in the day to be posting some Monday Motivation, but I am feeling better than I have in awhile. My carb count has been low, I've been eating a little less processed stuff, only a little less. I've been exercising, drinking my water, and using the supplements I talked about a few weeks ago. As of right now I haven't had any ill effects from taking the lean greens, which has barely and wheat grass in it. Since it is just the seeds, it's thought not be filled with gluten. I'll keep you posted though. 
My allergies are kicking my tail though. I had to stop at the drugstore today and buy a whole aisle worth of stuff. Eye drops, more allergy medicine, and some nose spray...here's hoping I don't feel like I've been punched in the face by spring tomorrow. OH! Not to mention, I'm drinking hot tea with local honey and apple cider vinegar.  I'll be using some essential oils before bed tonight as well...you know...just trying to cover my basis. 


Although I have upped my miles here recently. Iron Woman and I have a 10k coming up next weekend and we're REALLY NOT prepared for it. We had a good 'yog' today at tonight's first official happy hour run of 2018.



 It felt so great to be back in that environment. With a crowd of people wearing all shades of neon, so we can be seen even during the day! LOL
Iron Woman and I also got the through entirety of the Murph on Satuday. It felt good. We've been preparing for it since about April. Adding sets as we go along. She had two extra pounds on me with the bump, but with the vest I had the additional 20lbs to compete with this year. 
I am always humbled to be able to participate in that event. It's a reminder that Freedom isn't Free and that sacrifices have been made in order for me to live the life I want. The workout is a reminder that battle buddies are important, that the struggle can bring new life. A reminder to keep fighting. 


Blessings,
A

Comments