Monday Motivation and Some Sciene

It's been a hot minute since I posted a Monday Motivation. However, I've had a lot of exciting things happening lately that I have kept me moving through this current phase of getting "back on the wagon". I wanted share some really cool stuff that has kept me motivated.

--------------------------------------*----------------------------------
 Here are some snapshots, quotes, and moments that brought me happiness, joy, and reminded me to be healthy. 
 ------------------------------------*-----------------------------

Iron Woman and I really got after it last week in the gym. 2 cardio sessions consisting of 1 long walk in the heat, 1 elliptical, 1 mini Muprh, and then an arm day. I had one cheat meal Thursday night. The tricky part was staying dedicated through the weekend, but I got it done...just barely! The early mornings can begin to drag but it really does set the tone for the day. 

However, on Thursday before I dived head first into a vat of popcorn, I had a mental battle. 'Do I really want another hard cider?' I'll be over my macros. 'How badly do you want to reach your goal?' Pretty bad. 'Will I know my limit on caramel and popcorn? Will this crash my 'diet for the weekend?'. All the questions! Ultimately I decided on 2 hard ciders, 5 chewy caramel bites, and 1 bag of popcorn. Sounds like a lot right now, but it all went down so easy! I remember I still have 18 pounds to go to reach my goal.  And only 12 (depending on the day...it's good to give yourself a range ::winky face::) to reach the half way point by June 4th. Ultimately it's not about the scale, as I am doubling up on my protein, but I REALLY want my jeans to fit again. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin. So if I lose 8 pounds and think I look good...I'm gonna maintain that. It's all about how you feel. Don't starve yourself, but don't lose ground by sabotaging your progress either. Find your balance. Find what works for you. 

I did also find this over the weekend. 


I just thought this was really neat. I love the idea of being a Warrior for Christ. Acting like a warrior. Thinking like a warrior. The discipline that it takes to accomplish goals, protect what I love, while following the right path, no matter the dusty long journey. This is what being a warrior means to me. 
It means getting up early to go workout. Sacrificing what I want in the moment for my long term goal of heart health and more toned muscles. Using God's word and putting it towards my goals are great mantras for staying on track.

The second thing that happened that I really wanted to share was I was able to put in a Yoli order. I LOVE YOLI!!! I have financial goals still that have kept me from becoming a distributor or consultant, but one day I would love to be a preferred customer. (Anyway, I digress.) With the 5 events I have coming up over the next few months, I have some MAJOR goals to achieve. I'm going to need all the nutritional help I can get. This time I ordered 1 canister of Passion and 1 canister of Fun plus one of their new products called Lean Greens

I'm really excited about this new-to-me product because it contains polyphenols. Polyphenols are naturally occurring micronutrients in plants. It's what gives plants their color, among other things. They are in foods and drinks such as red wine, coffee, tea, plus fruits and vegetables. Polyphenols can help lower cholesterol, blood pressure, decrease the risks of diabetes of cancer. (Check out Very Well Fit for more information.) 
There are different types of polyphenols, one of which is stilbenes or resveratrol. Which you can find in red wine, blueberries, cranberries (Lean Greens contains cranberry powder), and peanuts (which I can't have because they make me break out, oddly.)  According to the US National Library of Medicine National Institute of Health, resveratrol in a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial was shown to significantly reduce ovarian and adrenal androgen's. The effect may have been, at least in part, related to the improvement of insulin sensitivity and a decline of insulin level. That's just ONE of the polyphenols in this product however. 
Please bare in mind though that yes, this is a supplement. It should NOT BE your main source for finding polphenols or whole, fresh, fruits and vegetables. It is only meant to add to your diet not be your diet. Plus who would want to give up 1 glass of red wine for green powder? Unless you don't drink wine...then eat up on the greens! 
I'll keep you posted on how I'm feeling once I receive the product at the end of month and my progress as how this product(s) aligns with my goals. I'm not certain how I'll react to the wheat and barely grass as of yet as they are essentially gluten free- but if not controlled correctly can cause issues with my gastrointestinal system. 

Happy Motivated Monday everyone!
Blessings, 
A

Comments