Body Comp Part Un

First let's start with a mid week check in. Tuesday I ended up mowing the front and back yard plus pulling weeds. That took me over an over and didn't leave much room to get anything else done. However right before bed I did snag 20 minutes to wind down and do some stretching.



Today I was not able to get to the gym to lift, so technically today is rest day. Tomorrow before bible study I will be lifting upper body, then Friday before or after work I will lift lower body. Saturday as planned for full body circuit. Then Sunday Runday!!


For today's post though I wanted to touch on some of things I've have been reading about body composition.
Amber Rogers, a blogger who write over at Go Kaleo. recently wrote a post about Body re-composition. Which is essentially what I am trying to do with my body. It means that I want to change the shape of my body without necessarily losing a lot of weight. First things first...I do know what's healthy for my body height and type. Which means, I did need to lose roughly 10-15 pounds. Not nearly as much as I thought but still, some.
Then I need to focus on my curves. Building muscle, losing fat without compromising muscle loss.


(Photo Credit: Go Kaleo: Amber Rogers)

Check out her Huffington Post Article on knowing when to get started with losing fat/gaining muscle/and staying the same weight. 


First things first though. #1. Understand that this is a slow process. It can be done, but you cannot get mad, freak out, and lose and the first sign of failure. We have never truly failed unless we've completely given up. Remember...we are NEVER out of the fight. (Thank you Marcus Luttrell).

2. Cut Phase? Bulk Phase?
 Should you cut or bulk first? Meaning should I lose weight then build muscle, or build muscle then loose weight? It entirely depends on how much body fat you are working with. Watch this Video from Abby Pollock - it's funny yet realistic and informative on obtaining goals.



Later this weekend I'll post about staying motivated, which is otherwise known as staying dedicated.

Blessings,
A

Comments