Sunday Check-In: Weekend Roundup

Weekend Round up. I, amazingly have time to sit behind a keyboard on a Sunday night and review my week. It's been a good day, the weather was beautiful all day, I had breakfast with friends, went to church, made it to the gym, then had family over for burgers.

It's been a full day. Which...is kind of funny because today's sermon was about John 10:10.


Chapter 10 from the book of John starts out talking about how the thief sneaks in, but the pastor talked about how the thief can be anything. For instance your phone, the things you watch, the people you spend your time with, is it the negative circumstances in your life that you're continually giving over too? He even brought up infertility. In the past, I have been very mournful of our journey, as I should be, it's not an easy road to walk, but...if I truly believe that Jesus has saved me, then despite infertility I am to live life abundantly. This will look different for every person, but the pastor also brought a great example in Psalm 23:4. (Photo Credit: Mercy is news)



Borrowing a line from a like romantic hallmark movie here "It's not to say that bad times won't come. It's that he promises to be there, when they do." 


I do not have to fear this season of my life anymore. I can enjoy the nieces and nephews and time with my husband. I can continue to learn of God's unfailing, unconditional love for me. That's great news! Sure...I'll have moments of sadness...there will be pain, but I'm never out of the fight. (New mantra this year I guess...thank you Marcus Luttrell.

This week, I got my 3 mile walk in with Iron Woman. Tuesday I mowed the lawn and did a 15min yoga video before bed. Wednesday I had off. Thursday I lifted upper body. Friday was leg day, Saturday I ran 3 miles. 

(It only counts if you post a picture. It was also a very steep hill run. Bleh!)


Then today, I got in a 35+ min HIIT workout. 

I'm still trying to tighten up my carbs and care about what I'm eating but progress is progress no matter how small....AND progress not perfection. LOL...whatever I gotta tell myself to keep at, I'll do it!!! Keep your self talk positive and real. You are beautiful but maybe that 10th taco is not a great idea. 

Also...which was my Saturday night. I wanted to finish the bottle of wine I opened earlier in the week...but I got another book check from Jesus as I sat down to enjoy it. My carbs were over...I know there were, but I was balls to the wall committed to eating that popcorn, drinking that wine, and pushing past a caloric deficit. 
My wine...somehow...after two sips...in a secured plastic cup with a lid...promptly hit the edge of the table and spilled all over the wood floor...cool. 
But I didn't need the empty calories anyway. 

Alright...I apologize I didn't get to post a menu this week but I will be back for sure this week with one. 

Monday: Motivation and Workout Schedule. 
Wednesday: Body Comp Part Deux
Thursday: Menu
Saturday or Sunday: Weekend round up!

Blessings, 

Comments