Mid Week Check-In

It's been a bit of a crazy week, and with being down a laptop in the house the man and I have been competing over time behind the keyboard, needless to say, he's won most of the time due to needing it for work.

Alas, I am back today for a mid-week check in. I really want to talk to about the great time I had at the Common Ground Banquet Dinner however, I also want to make sure I am posting the best information for you though. I'm still doing some research and asking questions, but I promise I will be back soon with an update about GMOs and your health, my health, and even the health of the livestock. As well how important sustainable agriculture is for our future. Not to mention the differences between organic farming and conventional farming, hormones in our livestock which at some point translates to our food. It's a lot to take in and I want to deliver the best information from all sides. I will deliver it as soon as possible, with good information.

For now, check in-time.

How do people eat healthy all the time? Do other people think about food obsessivly like I do?
Right now I know I have potato chips in the kitchen, I want them so bad I can taste it. However, I've already had one little nip of wine, empty calories, and I'm maxed out on my carb intake for the day. Do other people taste food when they think about it? How do I control my thoughts in regards to food?

I know I'm not supposed to spend my life around food...but I really am the kind of person who lives to eat. I am ALWAYS looking forward to my next meal, what kind of first world problem is that? I am thankful and blessed beyond measure that I can have 4 meals a day without worry of where it might come from. Setting that aside, do other people who are trying to line up their hormones, control their diagnoses think about food as much as I do? I am trying to get my PCOS back under control. Get rid of the acne, lose some of the weight I've put on. Have a "normal" ish cycle every month.
It takes time. It takes dedication. It takes embracing the suck of not WALTZING into the kitchen and opening the bag then diving head first into a family size bag of wavy potato chips.

On Monday I had the Banquet on the Farm, so I wasn't able to work out. Tuesday I ran 3 miles on the dreadmill....treadmill. Then did 20 minutes of an upper body workout. Wednesday ended up being busy, my workout was mowing the front lawn for 25 mins. Trust me...it needed it. Today, I got up early, threw on my running shoes and ate an apple with almond butter and snuck in 2 miles before work.

Tomorrow is rest as Saturday is the MUD RUN!

For the next 12 weeks before my 1st trail run and my 5 half marathon (!!) I need to focus on healthy eating habits.
If you have any ideas on how to do this I would LOVE to hear them.

I remember it being so easy to be focused in 2013 when we first started our fertility treatments. I believed naively that by controlling what I put in my body would help us conceive, while this is no less true, I no longer believe I need to be as rigid.

How do I hold healthy eating to a standard but also be able to cut loose? How do I let go of my obsessive thoughts about food?



Alright, Time for us to get some good rest, and work, pray, slay again tomorrow.

Blessings,
A

Comments