Keep Trying

Those two words have been become my motto these last few weeks. Anytime I get down on myself, anytime I get mad about the weight gain, or eat 1 to many cookies, I tell myself, well...at least I'm trying. Trying is better than giving up or giving in. Trying is better than giving over to my sugar cravings, or junk food hysteria.
Trying is missing a workout on Monday AND Tuesday but then hitting the gym for a full body lifting session on Wednesday and an at home HIIT this morning.
Trying is not letting the fact that I left my makeup bag at work keep me from working out. (Full disclosure, my makeup bag has all of my shower stuff in it, well, those traveling mini bottles. I didn't want to pack up my bathroom just to go to the gym this morning then not be able to make up on too, so that's why it was an at home workout instead of cardio at the gym, still!! I got something done!)
This mornings' workout, felt great too! Mentally I wasn't struggling nearly as much, plus physically it I felt able to complete every move with intensity. Believe when I say I took the modified version of this video, but I got it done, son!

(Name that show)

This workout to me, honestly woke me up, that I almost felt like I had two cups of coffee today. I was so energized and ready for the day. 
I will start by saying this is not a workout for beginners. They do have someone in the background you can follow for modifications to any of the exercises, but personally...depending on your fitness level, I might work up to this one. Also, please check with your doctor before beginning any exercise regime. 
This video is from Hannah Eden, who works with BodyBuilding.com, is a fitness entrepreneur, and philanthropist. She has achieved amazing results for not only herself but her many clients as well. 

(please also be warned the use of strong language in this video.) 


This video does not end with a cool-down. If you feel physically ready to try this video please add a cool-down at the end, your body will only thank you for it. 


In 1940 "The Rotarian" magazine published an article titled "Bat It Out" where Babe Ruth was quoted as saying "You just can't beat the person who never gives up."
That's because it doesn't matter how slowly you go my friends, it just matters that you go. (By slowly, I'm talking about the amount of time overall it takes to reach your fitness goal, not how slow you should be working out. INTENSITY IS KEY!)
It takes years to build a body like Hannah Eden. It takes relentless forward progress. Day in, day out. Whether you skip a workout, have 3 cheat meals in one day, stop working out for two weeks...it doesn't matter if your bouncing back from maternity leave, or an injury, or simply just starting a workout regime, the crucial point I am trying to make is that day in and day out-You never give up. You always keep trying. 
For me, my one keep "trying" victory (okay it's really 3 today...1st the workout, then not going directly to buy chocolate after a celebration of life ceremony.) today was that I did not in fact eat cookies for breakfast. I'm going to go ahead and call that a win. 


Keep going. Keep pushing. Claim your "participation" trophy for trying to make your day just a little healthier in some way. 

Hannah Eden talked in her video about having two goals for your fitness journey. Short term and long term. She even advised that you don't have to tell anyone what your long term goal is. That one, is for you. Whether it's more time with grand kids, walking your daughter down the aisle, or pushing back against anxiety or depression that might be overwhelming you. That's for you. 
What are your short term goals? Seeing your therapist more regularly? Seeing your trainer more regularly? Cooking 3 healthy meals a week or 3 healthy meals a day? Is it 20 pounds? Is it 40 pounds? Is it 100 lbs?

I can tell you right now, that short term, is to "lose" 2lbs per week. But I'll also take lower fat to muscle ratio as well! Right now, other than controlling my PCOS symptoms, I'm still discovering my long term goals, and that's okay. 
It's not only a journey but a lifestyle. 
Alright friends, I am out of here. 
I hope you have all day a wonderful Thursday and we will talk again soon. 
Blessings, 
A

Comments