Mid Week Check-In: Post Holiday

I had a minor set back in my eating habits and workout goals this past week. Fairly normal for this time of year, so not sure if it's actually a set back? Either way... I had a lighter workout load this last week, and definitely WAY more cookies that what probably was more than humanly possible.

Stopped logging my food in my fitbook on Tuesday of last week, but picked it up yesterday Wednesday of this week. Basically I'm combining week 4 and 5 of my current workout plan. The current plan I am using is based off of a schedule I found on the bodybuilding app. If you use the app the workout plans are free, but to have access to all the detailed information about any workout plan, you'll have to pay the fee suggested by the website.

For me the app is great, because I have a basic working knowledge of how to perform specific lifts already, plus I am self motivated (most of the time) and focused (again, most of the time, ha!) However if you are in need of something more, such as a complete nutrition program as well as instructions on certain exercises it would be worth it to pay the small fee of $8.99 a  month or $89.99 for the year.

Don't let the name dissuade you either, body building is about building better bodies, not necessarily looking like a power lifter, but yes they have those plans to.

What I accomplished in the last week. 1 yoga session. So very much needed, it helped relax my body and my mind, as I have had some minor left knee and left shoulder pain. My IT band is tight again, I need to foam roll. I'm not sure what I did over the Christmas holiday but I know I pinched a nerve, it was hot and burning for about 2 days. I was on a heating pad for a few days and couldn't pull up anything or lift up with that side of my body. It's important to note the difference between soreness and pain.
Soreness is normal. Pain is bad. Soreness can typically last anywhere from a day to 3 days, but if you've experiencing a white hot pain and you're unable to move without it hurting, then that's bad and you need to either seek medical attention or take it easy, depending on the severity.

I also achieved 2 runs, which helped immensely with my excess energy, and finally 1 lift session.

What didn't work: cookies. I ate them for breakfast, for dinner, all day on Christmas. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself, but it was time to get my healthy habits on track. What am I doing to help with this?
Writing down how I feel, what I eat, logging my workouts, being mindful or getting enough vegetables, and a lot less sugar. I even kicked it up a notch.
Looking forward to next year I know I have some serious goals I want to achieve, so I created a 12 week plan. Mixed with food goals and work out goals. I'm going to use the Female Training Bible, provided by the body building app, as well as 1x weekly work towards a Memorial Day Murph regime, and work on stair stepping.
I officially signed up for my first race, come Feb 16th for Trek up the Tower. 40 flights of stairs people. I'll be completing sets of this on Saturdays and increasing 5 flights every Saturday until Go time.
It's going to be a kick ass regime that hopefully turns me legs into gold. LOL...I feel like that's something people say, right? Who knows!

Below I am posting my January workout schedule. #1 nutrition goal, cut out sugar and grains. I feel better when I stay away from these groups. By sugar I mean added sugar. Anything with natural occurring sugar will be fine grapes, apples, any fruit, vegetables, etc.



I'll keep you updated with all of my goals throughout the month and then recap what I was able to achieve.
My hope is that you come along with me on this journey and it helps inspire you to achieve your fitness goals. You don't have to be great to start but you do have to start to be great. (I LOVE that quote.) I'm not telling you to lose weight, I'm hoping I'm helping you fall in love with yourself one workout at a time, no matter the results. I hope I am helping you take care of yourself mind, body, and soul. I like to think of it as the triple threat to fitness. Yoga, Cardio, Lifting. Mind, Body, Soul. Father, Son, Holy Ghost.

You get the picture!

Anyway, thank you for stopping by. Next week I'll do a year end wrap up and a meal plan for heading into the new year!

Blessings everyone,
A

Comments