Monday Motivation: Week 4 in Review

It's the start of week 5 in my Fitbook Calendar. It was neat as I was getting ready to fill out this week's goals, it was a month in review. Which means, I'll do this 2 more times before the end of my 12 weeks.

It's called Measure-up Monthly. Month check in, they want you to measure your chest, right upper arm, waist, hips, right thigh, weight, and body fat percentage. (I'm only tracking my weight.)

The other sections include, Revisiting Your Goals, and Jotting Your Thoughts. I like that they include what it is you should be focusing on for your goals: "what habit do you need to change to get closer to your goals? What one thing do you need to doing + what one thing do you need to start doing?"

Through tracking my goals this way, using the fit book, I've been able to identify that snacking is my week point. Cookies mostly, because we're closing in on Christmas. I need to stop, unplanned snacking and start planning health snacks ahead of time.
I plan 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, but in reality I'm eating 4 meals and 2 snacks.

My sleep pattern isn't always great and with a busy schedule getting to the gym isn't always possible. Instead of working out 6 times weekly, I am aiming for 5 workouts. With rest days as needed between workouts. Ideally work out two or three days then rest.
Lastly they throw in small motivating motto's such as "let your FAITH be Bigger than your Fears". Even though it's been 4 weeks since I've started this plan and I've gained a little weight, my victory is that my pants are definitely to start to feel a little better. Still tight, but better.

I really encourage everyone that if you're not tracking your food or logging your daily fitness regime, that you start. It will help get to know your body a little better, as well as help you pay closer attention to what fuels you and what drains you. It is a commitment. Sitting down each day for 10 minutes sometimes is hard to fathom. I still don't get every day filled in, but because it's starting to become a habit, I can still eat my meals as planned without fear that I'm messing something up royally.

Moving right along for Motivation Monday, I got my blender set up finally! I received a Ninja Blender for my birthday and thank thing is AMAZING! I put in 5 brussel sprouts, and two peeled carrots, it shredded it like a wood chipper! I can't wait to see what else I can create. I believe this will also help with my snacking problem. I'm going to be a kitchen wizard!
If I can get back to post on Thursday I will bring you some smoothie and snack recipes I plan to try out next month.


Monday Motivated. Hitting the gym after work.
Blessings,
A

Comments