What If We Were Brave?

Last month I was lamenting to someone about all these life decisions I was struggling with. Minor things comparatively but bothering me none-the-less. I was in my natural state of an anxiety high and asking "what if this happens, or that happens, or, or, if, or, if"

What happened next I don't think I'll forget for a very long time. This friend asked "What if purple aliens landed on the ceiling and we made tacos for breakfast?" Now, I have to do a minor disclaimer because the first half of the question was funny enough to fathom that I can't remember the rest.
Then though...that's when the big question set in. "What if we were brave?"

It struck that, instead of asking what if (insert bad thing that naturally means that death or destruction is eminent) I ask myself "What IF I were brave?"

Furthermore, I finally brain dumped on my sister tonight with all the same what if questions...because in all honestly, I've tried talk to the Lord about it...but I still haven't been able to put it into words. Tonight though...at the end of my ranting I told my sister "What if I were brave? What if I was brave enough to try? What if I was brave enough to wait longer for my answer? What if I was brave enough to try new things? Brave enough to ask for what I want? Finally...what if I was brave enough to allow myself to be let down again?" I will never know, unless I try.

That's what this is all about. Last week, I talked about the importance to keep trying, well, I'm gonna talk about that some more.

What is bravery? You might picture a superhero clad in spandex, or a woman taking on her first major role in a company, it might trying a haunted house for the first time...whatever it may look like to you...I can guarantee that before each of these moments every one of these people were filled with fear and anticipation.



It takes bravery to walk into a gym class for the VERY FIRST TIME. It takes bravery to not care what every else thinks about what your eating for lunch. It takes bravery to complete a race or an event. Bravery is walking further than you did yesterday. Bravery is trying a new yoga pose. Brave is going to therapy. Bravery is knowing that things may not work out, but you tried.

(Haunted Mansion)


What scares you more than anything? What scares you and motivates you?



(Everwood Quote --I have never seen this show, but I really like this quote!)

I feel like I could go on and on with these quotes. Mostly, I just wanted to give you something to think about as you lay your head down tonight, or as you get up in the morning to face another day.



The work that God has started in me is not complete yet. I will try to continue to be brave in-spite of my fears knowing that my Lord, my God is always with me.



And finally some words of advice from my uncle...

I know you will be ok,
YOU ARE RESILIENT
where ever you go, what ever you do,
YOU WILL THRIVE
(Thank you Uncle Q!)

Alright...it is wicked late...what am I still doing up?
Blessings,
A

Comments