I already want potato chips

On Monday I talked about mindset and the importance of it for sticking with any kind of goal and especially new years resolutions!

I am here to tell you after watching my carb count for 2 and a half days and I already want potato chips, or popcorn...maybe even a glass of wine while watching a terrible show.
I am committed to seeing changes in my diet and in my health though.

Having a clean eating diet will help clean up some digestive issues I've been having, plus... you know science. Clean diet equals happy guts, which improves mood. Other added benefits would be my clothes will actually start to fit, clearer skin due to avoiding the foods that make ME breakout. I can tell you one thing for sure, I've had a lot less cystic acne since I stopped eating peanut butter. These random tidbits I pick up from research, podcasts, and books.

Right now I am reading "The Period Repair Manual" by Laura Briden "Natural Treatment for Better Hormones, Better Periods." I will do just about anything to help with my hormones right now.

Having PCOS is this complex maze of symptoms that seemingly make no sense at all. I know that I can help improve these negative side effects by going back to a clean eating diet. Having goals is helping.
I know my why...at least my short term why. It's selfish, and right now... that's okay. With my initial reason being selfish, it's also the reason why I haven't said it out loud or why I haven't shared it here on the blog.

I will say though, putting your health first though..isn't selfish. It's necessary. That saying "You can't pour from an empty cup" is directly referring to your health. If you can't take care of yourself, what is left of your self to take care of others? What is driving you to say no to potato chips? What is driving you to give up drinking? What is driving you to run 2,019 miles in a year?

Well here I am staring into another Friday night. I get to spend it hanging out with one of my beautiful nieces and all I can think about is having a glass of wine and eating popcorn. I'm used to the creature comforts right now. No kids, no problems. (Ha!) But seriously...whether you drink in front of your nieces and nephews...whilst babysitting isn't for me to say. What I will tell you is alcohol can make or break a diet faster than you can say the word cleanse.

I have decided then next time I will have an adult beverage and that's not for another 2 more weeks. Simply because I know alcohol can slow down your metabolism, cause you want to skip workouts, and they contain a lot of empty calories. Moderation is key to life. (Even moderation.)

Bottom line, don't be willing to sacrifice your long term goals for your short term now. I'm holding out to eat french fries and chips for a special occasion, and that's fine!! It's good to have moderation. I know what works for my body...I just need to get back to it.

Do you know what works for your body? Be willing to find out.

John Cena had some great advice for getting healthy "Eat healthy and move." That's it! He didn't say box, or run a marathon, do yoga, or try skydiving. Just move. Be willing to try new things, new foods, new workouts, new gyms, new YouTube videos. 

You can walk your weight off. You can dance your weight off. You can change your body composition simply by eating a healthy breakfast every morning.

I feel like if John Cena can teach himself Mandarin Chinese, then I can do anything.

Take a listen.



It took him 5 years! 5 years to learn Mandarin and according the 'Period Repair Manual' it can up to 12 years to fully and completely heal your hormones.

I understand wanting to be mad because it's taking you longer. Use that anger though. Use it as a way to push you towards your next goal, your next step. Turn your anger into motivation.

The important thing is to just keep trying. Keep moving forward.

RELENTLESS FORWARD PROGRESS.

Alright friends, thanks for stopping by. Try something new this weekend! Like a new reciepe or go to the gym if you've never tried that before! Try something.

Blessings,
A

Comments