Experience, Perception, and Reality

This year the experience of the Murph was a bit different. I didn't feel quite as strong as I have in years past, and I had to modify it more than last year.

Iron Woman and I completed the Murph in just under 90 minutes. We started the routine in our vests, but each of us ditching them as time progressed. Hers at the halfway mark (or a little over), mine for the last mile.)

1st mile took about 13 minutes, but I made it through all 20 rounds of 5 pull ups, 10 push-ups, and 15 squats. I used a resistance band to assist with pull-ups and all push-ups were modified to knee position.


That left side pain that has been dogging me over the last two months did not really hurt until Tuesday night when it was more sore than anything. I finally had a doctors appointment yesterday, which consisted of some imaging to rule anything major out. I will keep you posted but prayers are much appreciated until an answer is received.

I lost 4 pounds in water weight, which I found hysterical, don't worry I promptly put back it back on. Since I started the Murph I have put on a minimum of 30 pounds. I obsessively create then and now photos. It's a bit ridiculous. I created this last one, thinking you can really see the gain in my hips...but it looks like my foot stance just gets further and further apart, hahahahahahahaa


It's amazing how perception shapes our reality. This is why it's incredibly important to speak positively, think positively, and act positively. Is every day going to be great? No. Absolutely not. However, if you look at the pictures above, I could say, MAN MY BUTT GOT BIG, or I can appreciate my womanly curves. I can appreciate that I still rocked 100 pulls, 200 pushups, and 300 squats and 2 one mile runs.


From where I started overweight and unsure of myself. Skinny but no period for 50 days. To today. I am probably more healthy now I have ever been and none of it has to do with the number on the scale or how many squats I can do in a minute. Your size doesn't matter. If you're a woman, are your cycles regular, are they pain-free? For men and women, What about your cholesterol? What about your cardiovascular health? These are things to seek out professional help for. Losing weight feels great! Losing weight can potentially make you look great too, but are you doing it the right way? Are you overtraining, under training? Undereating, overeating? Are you getting enough fruits, vegetables? Are you happy because you're ignoring the emotional hurt or battling bouts of depression with help from therapists, exercise, self-care, and anti-depressants? Don't allow the number on the scale or how "fat" you feel that day shape your perception of reality.


You have to continue to fight for your health. Do you do Keto because it's the quickest fastest way to lose weight? Or are you practicing it because your body FEELS better eating that way?

I may look like I've gained weight, but the reality is, I am smarter about how I train. When to push beyond discomfort and when to ease back due to pain. I'm not opposed to dropping some LBs but only if I can do it the right way.

Alright, everyone, I am outta here, have a great night! Blessings.
A

Comments