Monday Motivation: You Gotta Want It

Today's post will probably be pretty short and to the point, but that's the good thing about motivation. A little bit goes a long way.

Iron Woman and I are a few weeks into our marathon training and we logged our first long run for...well.. the year if I'm honest. 5 miles around a pristine lake on a beautiful summer morning. I surprised me by completing the milage in under an hour. I've just been so tired an worn down lately that I haven't really felt up long miles or even monitoring my sugar or alcohol intake. I've been unmotivated. 

I conquered the first two miles in a time frame that I haven't seen in over a year, which was pretty stellar, but I went out to fast as the 2 half of the run I trudged through a little slower. While on my final mile, it occurred to me that if I REALLY, TRULY want a sub 4hr 30 minute marathon time, I've got to want it.

Not just think 'hey that would be cool.' but actually, want it more than anything. I've got to train for it, sacrifice for it, commit to it. 

I've got to want it more than staying up late. More than 3 margaritas. More than poor food choices. While a training schedule of how many miles to log is key in training, so is fueling properly, resting properly, and strength training properly. I do myself no favors when I self sabotage good habits. That's not to say that the occasional cheat meal isn't a bad thing, just that I have got to plan better. 

Starting this week off strong but dedicating myself to getting 8hr of sleep and drinking my water.





Get pumped to get motivated! 
What goal do you want more than anything?
Blessings, 
A

Comments