This ones for the ladies: Woman Crush Wednesday Authors

For the first time in my life, I pre-ordered a book and it's finally here! I have two hours left on my audiobook with Rachel Hollis's Girl, Wash Your Face, but soon I will be diving into Hangry by Sarah Fragoso & Brooke Kalanick, ND, MS.

First I'll start by saying I'm feeling a bit better. Thanks in part to Rachel Hollis' book, as well as my husband. Marriage can be hard sometimes especially when you're both bananas busy and your schedules don't match up, but it was nice to just vent last night and be heard, to spend time together. My grandparents have been married well over 50 years and they still tell me how much they drive each other crazy on occasion. That is life though.

While I still have a few chapters left in the first book, it is definitely speaking life into my goals. Into how I think. Today was the first day in weeks where I continually asked myself, will this bring me joy? While not every hour was good... it's definitely better than yesterday. Rachel wants to inspire you to work on your goals, your dreams, despite the past trauma and lies that you've experienced. I would definitely recommend this to my friends with children of the two-legged, furless variety (the ones with the babies!) because she speaks right to the heart of what every new mama, boy mama, and adopted mama needs to hear. I like that she reminded me there's no time table for my dreams. That God's timing is perfect timing. Explaining that sometimes we have to embrace the chaos but also to keep our heads above water. Practice self-love and stop believing the awful lives that have plagued most of us as women. I will let you know next week if I discover any more tidbits from the rest of the book.

Also on my "wrapping up a book" shelf is my bible study book, Captivating: Unveiling The Mystery of A Woman's Soul. I really enjoyed the first half of the book. Likening our experiences as women to those of epic characters in heroic journeys. However, a few chapters near the end of the book have left me a little...perplexed. One was called 'Arousing Adam' the other was about letting God be the lover of your heart. It came across more as 'this is how to be inviting' list then what it was actually supposed to be. However, as Rachel would say this perception is based on my own past experiences. Captivating does dive a little deep into past traumas of your childhood and help you 'open the hood' so to say, to help you biblically work through whatever might be standing in your way in a relationship with Christ and how we are to be as women of Christ.  Right now I can't say that I love it, but tomorrow night will be our last night with it at bible study, and I know that is a group of ladies I will miss seeing regularly.

LASTLY! The reason why we're all here...okay...really what I was originally wanting to write about is the book HANGRY.


I've mentioned the Better Everyday podcast I listen too, with Dr. Brooke and Sarah Fragoso. These two women review all matter of health topics, as well as help women of all ages and stages, work through hormonal, emotional, or any physical ailments that might be holding them back from living a healthy life filled with joy. This book is their guideline to balancing your hormones and restoring your joy. Basically, it is exactly everything I need in my life right. non-fiction books are often hard for me to get through, let alone begin, so NOT skipping straight to the "this-is-what-you-need-to-do" section was hard. Just tell me what I need to know in one simple step how I can accomplish this and please oh please let it only take 1 day! Yeah...not so much. It's a 4-week reset. However...before you begin the steps, you have to lay your groundwork. Using 5 pillars, what you should eat, and how to exercise the right way is where it begins. Week 1 is your reset, Week 2 is what carbs are making you hangry? Week 3 is identifying your perfect workout, lastly, week 4 covers your next steps. There are also some neat bonus chapters about exercise templates, how to outfit a home gym, interviewing a personal trainer to make sure you find the right one, and don't forget RECIPES!!! If you are looking for more recipes than what is offered in this book Sarah Fragoso has several Paleo cookbooks, of which I have yet to own one! AAHHH!!!! MUST. ADD. TO. MY. COLLECTION.

Anyway, if you are at all interested in any of the books mentioned today, click the links above to purchase a copy for yourself!

Alright, friends, I'm outta here. Gotta 4 mile run bright and early and no time to waste tonight ;)
Blessings,
A

Comments