Step 1: Admittance. PCOS diet part 1

If I am truly honest you with, and myself, another reason I wasn't blogging last month was that I fell off the wagon. Hard. The kind where I didn't even want to admit to myself what I was eating. Brownies for breakfast? I didn't always stop at 1. Candy corn for lunch? Candy is dandy!

I've made a turn again though. Considering a Sugar Detox. Plus there's two really "hot" diets right now, that I would like to discuss with you in terms of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome.)

The reason is, I have been stuck at the weight I am now for well over a year. While I'm only considered overweight, I know that I am uncomfortable. I am exhausted, however that could also be stress-related. My acne is crazy again. I have a constellation of planets just waiting to burst open on the whole left side of my face.  To top it off, my last (TMI ALERT) period was a little more painful than normal. Okay, well the new normal. When I was really managing my PCOS symptoms my periods would come and go without much fanfare. This time... the red devil had definitely come to visit. (I'll get into that on a different day though.) End of alert. 

So how do I get back on track? First things first. Stop beating myself up on "How I've lost my ways, and I'm a terrible example of a healthy lifestyle blogger because I'm eating non-stop candy."

I listened to the New Dr. Broke and Sarah Fragoso podcast this morning, Getting Off Track, Falling off the Wagon, AKA Life, and boy was it a God moment. They answered the overwhelming question, what does it mean when I get off track? That I'm a failure? That I should start over? Well, it depends on you. Do you feel like you have enough of a solid foundation that you don't NEED to start over or how long have you been  "off track" with the healthy lifestyle that you may need to start from scratch? The answer is a resounding, "You do you boo-boo". LOL, otherwise known as asking yourself "What would serve me today to help make me have a healthier day?

For me step one was to recognize how I have been feeling, realize that I did fall so far off the wagon I don't even see the dang path anymore! However, I need to practice self-love in the form or eating healthy, getting my steps in and remember what it all comes back too. Diet.

I've been reading some more on the "perfect" PCOS diet, and tomorrow when I have more words and I'm not fighting sleep I'll go over 3 diets that may change how you treat your PCOS or hormone disorder.

Alright friends, thank you for tuning into this short post, I will be back tomorrow. Ps. Definitely listen to the Podcast up above, it'll remind you to practice self-love and what being healthy really means.

Blessings,
A

Comments