Into the Ring.

It's been a few weeks since I've posted. Obviously. There is a good reason for it, which I will get into - in February. So stated tuned! For now, I will be popping in and out over the next few weeks doing diet reviews, product reviews, and general motivation posts.

Onto today's post!

There are seasons of our lives where we need to take a breath and protect our hearts and then there are times when we have to push through the uncomfortable parts of a journey to be victorious. I didn't realize, until I was out on a run recently, how I have been babying myself. I wasn't pushing through runs or taking risks with life's choices. I gave up HIIT workouts, lost track of my diet. I was consuming food that my made my emotions feel good, not my body. That saying "I fell off the wagon" well I didn't just fall off the wagon, I set fire to it, and purposely got lost in the woods. 

The thing is, I didn't realize it. I thought I was "protecting' my heart, but really I was just hiding it from the hurts of life.

Back in July I talked about how I felt tired of playing it safe, however, until last week I hadn't taken any risky steps. I was still playing everything safe. Well, we've finally taken steps to get the house market ready. We had a realtor come walk through the other night, give us some pointers on what needs to be fixed, what we can leave alone. As the husband has been traveling for his job I had to do this by myself. A step, for most people, that might not require a lot of thought. For me, opening my space to a stranger, walking through my house to nit-pick at the dents and scratches, and for me to NOT take it personally was a big deal. Setting up appointments to have someone price out a fascia and soffit, cancelling our cable.  OH...and the biggest... telling people my dream of going back to school.

For about a decade now I have been talking about going back to school, and over the years what I wanted to go back for has changed. Nothing seemed to fit. There was nothing that I wanted badly enough to spend money on and put my time and energy into until I discovered a Public Health degree. Reading more about what someone could do with a public health degree, whether it's a health coach, being a teacher to primary and secondary students, or community planning, ALL OF IT really stirred my passion. The classes made sense. The school itself I have chosen is made for ADULT LEARNERS! While this path won't be starting until early 2021, I have taken steps to actually get my foot in the door and move towards my goals.

 It's time to stop hiding my heart. 





God is calling me into the ring again. To live my faith out loud, try new things, and prepare for the next big risk. 

Normally I set New Years Resolutions. This year, I opted out. I didn't set any health goals that need to be met by December 31st 2020. Instead, I set general goals. Focus on gaining muscle, losing body fat. I'll do this by tracking my macros again and incorporating HIIT workouts. Yoga for mental health and flexibility. Running for cardio health, and strength training for better body composition. Read more, worry less. Continue to be brave. 

I will be back next week to go over the most recent devotional I am reading, as well as do a product review on a new scale a purchased through amazon called 'Renpho'. Both of these things are going to help me with my goals.

Do you make New Years Resolutions? If so, what are they? What are your steps for reaching these goals? What risks will you take this year? Can't wait to hear from you!

Blessings everyone,
A


Comments

Mandy said…
Hooray! Back to school! I’m weird...I love school...

I don’t call them NY resolutions, but I do set yearly goals I’d like to meet by certain points. It provides focus for my year, most importantly, outside of work. I didn’t start until 2015, but have found it’s made me a lot less stressed because it’s a starting point to plan out the year.

This year is a multi year goal, I blame the wedding :), its to have 10 adventures in each of the 7 continents - until I’ve made it to all 7. It could take 2-5 years, but is what it is. Also going to continue last years goal to read 100 books. Extras are to knit at least 10 things (didn’t meet the knitting one last year), and run/walk 1,000 miles this year.

Cheers and hope to see you in Feb!
agoerunnergirl said…
I can't wait to see how your goals progress! I'm inviting myself along on at least ONE of these adventures!! LOL