Life Update: Leaving the Good Life

It's been well over a month since my last post, and for good reason, the man and I are getting ready for a move. Two whole states away from our current home. I've been trying to squeeze in all of my regular activities plus packing, making appointments for the four legged fur children, working things out with my job... it's been full on crazy here. My number one priority though is my mental and physical health. Okay... let's be honest... my physical health has taken a bit of a back seat, I was able to run a few weekends ago, but something had to come off of my plate and scheduling workouts was unfortunately the first to go.

However, I have been good about protecting my mental health. Taking a break from the over scheduling, the packing, the constant communication between lenders, realtors, and the relocation team. Enjoying every movie, every hour or minute of sleeping in, spending time with family and friends. I heard once that you truly know you've healed from an event when you can talk about it without anger, fear, or regret. Iyanla Vanzant , author, motivational speaker, life coach, has said this about healing "You know you've healed from an issue when you can talk about it and you're not weeping. When you can speak it and identify the lesson. You know you've healed an issue when, having gone through that, has a benefit that you live today."

I realized why I haven't been able to write as much, is because I'm still in the thick of it. Untangling our lives from our first house, from the pain I experienced as a child, preparing for the new adventure. Taking care of what's mine.

Please stick with me friends as I will be back with more content and better physical and mental health practices to keep you inspired on your life's journey.

Blessings,
A

Comments