Old School Motivation

If you can't push yourself to higher, further, faster...let a friend help. I love my Garmin watch because it connects me to friends all over the world. We can post challenges to each other such as most steps in a day, most miles in a month, most swims in a year. Whatever are little heart desires to compete against those we love, you put it together on the app. Your watch does all the tracking for you. No I am not getting paid to post about my watch, but Garmin if you're looking for someone who has only a few followers and is moderately motivated to work out and eat right, call me. LOL Yeah right...anyway.

I haven't worked out since last Thursday and then ended up with a head cold for about 4 days. It took 10x the amount of motivation get me off of the couch and onto my yoga mat tonight. That's why, this evening I used an old stand by. I imagined a friend of mine rooting for me while doing this workout.
Maybe not so much rooting as "COME ON! Kick higher! Don't stop! Don't Quit! Don't give in!" I even found a low impact workout so I wouldn't "have to push to hard" but I was still trying to find ways to modify even when I didn't need to. It was a great workout that was already fairly modified.

Find the voice you need to hear when you go for a workout. If you need someone to push you, encourage you, or tell you to back off. The trick is finding the right voice. Decide what you need.

The voice that's a little more Gillian Michaels?


A little more Dwayne the Rock Johnson? “Two things happen when an athlete gets injured. Some guys say, ‘;F*ck it, I’m going to wait it out 3-4 months.’ But with me and lots of other athletes, you find your eighth or ninth gear – a gear you’ve never gone to before – and say, ‘I’m going to come back.’” – Dwayne Johnson"






A maybe more of Maya Angelou? 

Work on finding that voice you need for each workout. Then use that voice to motivate you through each exercise, through each workout, and unto the next.

Blessings Everyone,
A

Comments

Mama Fegan said…
Glad to hear you're continuing in the good habits you set before your move. I love the way you put things when you're blogging. It just takes all the mystery and confusion out of my thoughts and focuses me on what your message is.
agoerunnergirl said…
Staaapppphhh ya' making me blush. lol