Fitness Friday:: Squeezing in a work out

Holy ca-noly I did it! I actually got up early and squeezed in a 30min workout.
The best part is I was able to use one of the DVDs I have so I didn't have to leave the house!
I tried Jillian Michaels Power Yoga Level 1 practice. (I think I'm becoming slightly obsessive about her workouts. PSH. Obessed just means determined! Right? I think so.)
Setting my intention for health and keeping in mind I would be eating pizza at my house tonight kept me focused.
Okay really and truly I have to clean my house tonight before we have family over and I figured it was easier to stuff things in closets and in drawers then it was to sneak in a workout.
Light a few candles place them throughout the house, no one will notice my dirty floors right?
The other truth? Working out makes me feel strong. Being strong helps me feel beautiful. Its interesting to see how my body changes the more I progress into my healthy habits. The muscle definition I'm starting to get.
My biggest challenge is pushing past industry standards of beauty. I often feel like I need a bigger boobs(weird things happen when you lose weight...especially 75lbs) or clearer skin.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong

You don't know how strong you can become until you're at you're weakest point. The more I push past not needing a muffin or a chocolate bar and choose healthy habits over bad ones, I know I am creating own personal definition of beauty. 

Come on. You're only one 30min workout away from a good mood. You're one healthy meal away from feeling like a conqueror. When you start to feel like you're about to succumb to the office pastry party make a fist mentally tell yourself no. If you can't leave, at least don't stand/sit next to them. Much easier avoiding the temptation that way.

Have a good weekend. I'll be back on Sunday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You go! Now that I think this flu might have passed I need to get back on the ball!