Racing to Win

Normally I run on Sundays, but after suffering some minor issues with a few of my tendons in my foot and knee, I haven't ran in awhile.
It was starting to feel better, and the spring like weather yesterday, this close to the end of winter, had my feet itching to eat pavement.
Needless to say I raced the setting sun yesterday afternoon. I googled what time the sun was to set. 5:58 pm.
I checked my clock 5:22.
I bet I can. I think I can.
After throwing on my gear and grabbing what I needed to I headed to the park for a quick run.

Now, I'm not sure if you are a runner or not, but I figure as long as you're above a brisk walk I figure you're running. (Some people call that jogging... those people are from the 80's).

Running is a sense of freedom. Once you get past the ache and the burn of it.

1 Corinthians 9:23-24 NLT

I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings. Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

I ran a 9min 57second mile. Twice. It felt so amazing.
Two years ago...is it now 3?? Wow...3 years ago I started running and I finished my first 5k in 40mins....so over an 11 minute mile. We get better the more consistent we are.


1 Corinthians 9:25-27 NLT

All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

We have to train, to be disciplined. The more me study, train, learn, the better we become. The closer to God we can become by studying the bible and praying.

I can't tell you enough how much I love running. To see the improvement I've made and can make.
Its so freeing.

Its time I can spend setting goals and breaking them. Taking time to be me and be thankful for the power in my legs, the breath in my lungs, and the power I feel from just the strength of my body.
Its a great feeling.






Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the shoes!